Maine

Not so.  I've seen hawks (Northern Goshawk) take 2 of my full grown birds.
wow thats awful! I consider myself lucky then. Maybe its because I always have heavy breeds? I hate when the predators win
1f61e.png

The silkie was about full sized, but honestly that's not saying much. My experience and research indicated there should've been done kind of ground evidence, ie: tracks or disturbance. There wasn't though. So whatever got him did it extremely quickly. Ask of it together with party hawk sightings nearby leads back to an avian predator. Unfortunately that's the toughest type to control or defend against.

For now, the rest are locked up in chicken prison. I hope the predator will get bored and move on, but either way I'll be building some sheltered run space when the snow melts.

The silkie was about full sized, but honestly that's not saying much. My experience and research indicated there should've been done kind of ground evidence, ie: tracks or disturbance. There wasn't though. So whatever got him did it extremely quickly. Ask of it together with party hawk sightings nearby leads back to an avian predator. Unfortunately that's the toughest type to control or defend against.

For now, the rest are locked up in chicken prison. I hope the predator will get bored and move on, but either way I'll be building some sheltered run space when the snow melts.

Thats such a bummer and of course you cant really "get rid" of most avian predators.... Ihink if you had lots of covered areas your birdsa would be protectes better. We have only lost one half grown hen tonavian predators. They have lots of woods and decks and stuff to hide in or under. I hope it works out for you.

I don't have to much trouble in the winter but in the summer I have bears! I had just lost my 2 dogs 6 mths apart almost 2 years ago and at 65 & 61 we were thinking of not getting another dog after they had both died. But I've had a few bears and a fox that we got that kept getting my girls, my favorite rooster 3 or my adult angora rabbits and 3 babies but the worst was having them come up 2 1/2 ft away from me not once but enough times that I bought my husband "the judge" to keep him company and I got myself a great pyrenees for my B-day +xmas present! So now I've been told of someone who has Angora Giants and their farm is Ackers Farm just somewhere out of Bethel Me. Does anyone know how to contact them? I'd really appreciate it, Thanks!

I had a couple of rats the other day and I set out a have a heart trap. Today I checked it and I caught them both. I drove out to Riverton trolley park and let them go. I have a rat as a pet so I didn't want to kill them.

http://www.bunnyblend.com
I don't have to much trouble in the winter but in the summer I have bears! I had just lost my 2 dogs 6 mths apart almost 2 years ago and at 65 & 61 we were thinking of not getting another dog after they had both died.  But I've had a few bears and a fox that we got that kept getting my girls, my favorite rooster 3 or my adult angora rabbits and 3 babies but the worst was having them come up 2 1/2 ft away from me not once but enough times that I bought my husband "the judge" to keep him company and I got myself a great pyrenees for my B-day +xmas present!  So now I've been told of someone who has Angora Giants and their farm is Ackers Farm just somewhere out of Bethel Me.  Does anyone know how to contact them?  I'd really appreciate it, Thanks!
e

Back
Top Bottom