Maine

Quote:
Was thinking that you were the one that bought my silkies but it was someone else,was so hecktic there for awhile I got mixed up.Come down anytime and see my silkies.

Quote:
Was thinking that you were the one that bought my silkies but it was someone else,was so hecktic there for awhile I got mixed up.Come down anytime and see my silkies.

I've been looking or a broody silkie to join my flock. No luck at the fairs and show I tried this fall. Then I got a bird with bumblefoot and gave up looking for the last couple weeks while nursing her back to health. Yours are beautiful! Do you know of anyone successfully introducing a silkie to a standard flock?

I think it depends on the breed of the standard flock,some chickens are just more friendly and acepting.I have heard of it,and it they are all hatched out and live togather in the same flock that works.I keep mine seperate.

henney penny- Do you need a Polish cockerel? If so, I have a non-show quality fella that could use a good home. He is with his brother and they are fine, yet wish he could be "adopted". Also, I've been looking for a nice Polish gal just to add to my flock. I have not been actively looking for a girl, yet if one should come across my path, I'd pick her up. Kind of a lazy hunt! lol
I have a young guy who's Mille Fleur D'uccle that needs a nice home. I say I'd take $10 but he is free to the right kid for 4-H not a quality for "show" but a wicked sweetheart, he thinks he is a Standard Cochin!!! Doh, lol!!!

Quote:

LoL unfortunately no. It was the woman ahead of me. Dad really wanted them though since we lost a few of ours.
I think we will be down soon to see yours. I initially fell in love with the silkies and now Dad is attached too
smile.png

Quote:
There was an ad on Craigslist this afternoon from a person in Waldoboro looking to rehome three silver Polish pullets.

Ty, Waldoboro may be a bit far for me. But thanks anyways.

Spook you pobably live to far away to come get Dart(thats her name)I live in Aroostook County.No I don`t want any rooster as I only have one polish,she lives with the silkies because she was hatched in a incubator with them.I don`t dare put her in with the big ones because they would pick her head feathers off.She is four or five months old.

Quote:
Your right, your a bit to far too! LOL, and the big girls would pick on her as I've heard of a lot of stories that they are to mild of disposition which is great, yet, like my standard cochins, they are mild, but they have the fluff and bone structure to mow down the boogers that want to bother them!
I'm down here in the Western Foothills near Bethel (Sunday River/White Mt. National Forrest) but I keep bringing up the subject because eventually someone will a.) want a free polish roo or b.) have a extra polish hen/pullet within ear shot. Until then, just ignore me, lol, someone might notice it.

I'm completely amazed at the towns in Maine, from the little ones to the big ones. I recently found an Aunt in Carmel, ME. Never heard of it, but its a sweet little town just outside Bangor. On our recent trips up there, amazingly we have driven through historical and seen some amazing homes...often with chickens running around in some of the oddest areas! Of course my better half gets frustrated (I believe) when he is looking at some great piece of stone work, I'm over talking chicken!!!! In which has gotten me some not so appreciative glares!
idunno.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom