Major Newbie Accomplishment!

LindsayRae

Songster
8 Years
Jun 16, 2015
Southern Pines, NC
My rooster is the symbol for all my learning experiences. As for health and diseases-> Well, he went downhill fast! Im talking pale comb and face, dull feathers and hasnt crowed in months. It's not so much a complaint as it is a sign something isn't right. . .

I read EVERYTHING on this forum. People do Facebook, I do backyard chickens! :)

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that worming him with Safeguard Equine paste and dusting him for bugs with Sevin 5% has truly turned that bird around!

The worming paste was super easy. Each chicken just ate a glob off my finger or the end of the tube. I did this for four days. I also supplemented their meals with scrambled eggs and cat food! While I was on the healing trip, I crunched up some B complex vitamins and put it in their water. They drink that and zoom around the back yard. It was like chicken coffee!

This morning my rooster's comb was looking plumpish again! His tail feathers are up and he is trying to take back the leader role from barred rock hen. I doubt that will happen, she has major control over the flock now that he fell out. That might be a reason he doesnt crow, right? He's really just a big teddy bear of a rooster, a big buff orpington.

There are a few more days until I do the final dusting and hopefully he continues to heal on up. Dang those parasites, they really sneak in and get ya chickies!

Just wanted to share!

Back
Top Bottom