Major updates

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Hazelbunny, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Hazelbunny

Hazelbunny Songster

Jan 19, 2018
    Ontario, canada
    Thanks.
    I think we are going to trap it and take it to a forest far away

drumstick diva and Chick-N-Fun like this.
  2. N F C

N F C coffee time!

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I'm not familiar with your province laws, but here it's prohibited to move certain animals. Be sure you don't get in trouble!

sourland, Chick-N-Fun and Hazelbunny like this.
  3. FishMtFarm

FishMtFarm Emu whisperer

Jan 2, 2017
    Lake Pleasant, NY
    I’d shoot him. He will teach his pups and mate to come to your farm. One fox turns into many fox. He has plenty of wild prey and you have an easy all you can eat. He will dig and I have seen them climb fences.

4. MissChick@dee

[email protected] ~ Dreaming Of Springtime ~

Aug 18, 2017
    Caliente Nevada
    IMO trapping and releasing a predator that is now trap smart and has no issues approaching pets or livestock...is just taking your problems and releasing them onto someone else. If your neighbors truly DO feed theses foxes you might be well served to explain the impact they are having on the balance of nature. Feeding them is ignorant.
    Think about it those fox have 6 kits those 6 kits have kits and all those kits have 6 kits.
    To each his own

5. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Almy Acres Farm

Jun 26, 2014
    Corning, NY
    Good luck!!!!!

drumstick diva, Hazelbunny and N F C like this.
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Electrified fencing might send him on his way, unless your birds free range.

sourland, Hazelbunny and booth2010 like this.
  7. andreanar

andreanar Crowing

May 16, 2014
    Finger Lakes, NY
    YOu have dogs? Let them pee all around. You can try peeing around. You can try ordering some bear or wolf pee and spread that around.
    Or you can make your chickens a habitat like Fort Knox and keep them in there.
    Don't know what else you can do if your not willing to kill it, and trapping and relocating is usually against the law.

8. turtlebird

turtlebird Songster

Dec 11, 2009
    Pretty fox. Electric netting fencing does a fantastic job of deterring predators. I've had my netting for 9 years. Still working great.

9. Hazelbunny

Hazelbunny Songster

Jan 19, 2018
    Ontario, canada
    Unfortunately we don't have a dog and most likely wont get one. The highway is too dangerous

drumstick diva likes this.
  10. itsasmallfarm

itsasmallfarm Crowing

Oct 27, 2016
    canada
    Okay i see your also from canada, so here is what i know. From my province. . Foxes are mostly likely classified as a fur bearer meaning no trapping killing or relocating. With out a fur takers license. And relocating is a high chance that its flat out illegal with out DNR permission. Guns again its canada we need a fire arm licence/training. Its not hard to get but don't be surprised if it takes a few months to get. (For a normal PaL licence for hand guns i have no idea. Don't deal with them.

Hazelbunny and drumstick diva like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: