Making Buckeyes...Help....Mine are yucky and dumb :(

Well that was quick!! Must have been Terrie and her magic wand
bow.gif

imno professional but I just about freeze my peanut butter balls completely then take them out of the freezer and dip them in my chocolate and wax mixture.

don't know your recipe..but maybe too much pnut butter or butter??

Sometimes mine slip off the toothpick too..I then use a spoon..those end up being the "keepers"

(I wonder if you added some finely chopped nuts to the mix if it would help firm it up?..rather than tossing it..don't know..just a thought)

I am going to try and find a different recipe also. I am not sure that it's the humidity because we use a wood stove so its pretty dry in here this time of year lol. Heck I dont know!! I will try again and see what results I get!!

I like mine like a Reese cup so this is how I do mine.
I get real Pnut butter.pour the most of the oil off the top and put in a bowl or stand mixer.Then I start adding powder sugar mix and mix untill.It is a large ball of dough.Then I make my small buckeyes freeze on cookie sheet until frozen.
I melt chocolate chips in double boiler and add 1 tbls.shortening.I use a candy dipping fork to dip them and place on wax paper and then into the fridge untill hardened up and place in a container with a cover until I am ready to use them.They dont last long.

Back
Top Bottom