making cloth reusable menstrual pads

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by goldenluver, Jan 12, 2011.

1. goldenluver

goldenluver Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Springfield, Oregon
    I am now making these
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

they come in 3 sizes and the largest one has an inner linner so it works for incontinence as well as heavy flows.

wish me luck in getting buyers for them!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  2. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    Uhmm, sorry, buy my first though was [​IMG] Good luck!! Someone might, I just don't think I could. Especially for Aunt Flo...

3. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

oooooh nice! I got cloth pads when I was 17 and haven't looked back since! However, I'm now 24 and they are starting to show their age [​IMG] so I might be needing some more one of these days, and while I can sew, I really don't have the patience for it.

By the way, I discovered "alternate" feminine protection on another forum, and my original pads were purchased from a forum-member there. I don't foresee any problems finding buyers [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  4. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Ms.FuzzyButts :

Uhmm, sorry, buy my first though was [​IMG] Good luck!! Someone might, I just don't think I could. Especially for Aunt Flo...

It's not that bad really, just rinse them out good and throw them in the wash. They ARE pretty, but I don't mind if they get a little stained. I was them with other stuff, no biggie.
    I could see myself doing cloth diapers too, if I ever had kids, however poo diapers must have their own load [​IMG]

5. goldenluver

goldenluver Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Springfield, Oregon
    thanks, I priced them the same as the ones that are sold on etsy so hoping to do well enough here and on cl before starting up on etsy myself

6. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I think they would probably be much more comfortable than regular pads. Thankfully I don't have to worry about this kind of stuff right now! good luck with sales [​IMG]

7. Jacklynn

Jacklynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Ms.FuzzyButts :

I'm sorry, I have to agree :O The thought just doesn't agree with me. [​IMG]

8. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    i never knew these existed...

i use safety razors to shave my face and head... i think if i was a woman, i would want to use these guys... pretty cool...

9. Jacklynn

Jacklynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

10. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    I've had the pattern printed off for a year and keep meaning to make them for myself. From all I've read they are way more comfy, and I'm all for that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by