making cloth reusable menstrual pads

This is probably TMI but I
love.gif
mine. Yours look great and I wish you much success. I would give out samplers to your girlfriends (I gave my sister a few to try, she wants more because the pantyliners feel so much better than plastic) offer specials for getting started packs along with a beautiful care sheet and make sure you have trendy fabric and so on. Good luck!

*To all the people that are grossed out, I was right there with you but after my body started reacting to the chemicals that are in feminine care products I had no choice. This is a great way to keep plastic out of the landfill, be self sufficient and prepared in the process.

Last edited:
Cloth Menstrual pads (note the spelling) are often a topic at Sufficient Self. Many there use them as that forum is totally geared toward reduce, reuse, recycle, non-disposable and such. I'd suggest you join over there and post about these. Good luck with your business idea!

Quote:
I agree. When I was 18 I could tell that the chemicals in tampons were causing worse cramps for me. I switched to organic, bleach free tampons for a while, and it really helped my cramps, but they are pricy and I had to make a special trip to Whole Foods to get them. The thing about the reusables is that you only have to buy them once (every so often), and you never get caught without!! No special trips across town.

Quote:
The snap goes on the bottom not on your skin. Mine have metal snaps that are a bit smaller, but you don't feel them. There is a bunch of "padding" between you and the snap (pardon the pun)

Last edited:
My nana used these all of her life...she made her own and even my aunts and mom used them. She was a midwife in Spain, However for some reason when I got my first period they bought me disposables.

Back
Top Bottom