Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

Pics
Morning shot of a semi-succesful effort in advancing the project, puffed out in the weather (37, light wind), standing on one of the feeders. That plastic gutter has been in use as a trough for about 15 months now. Stays pretty clean.

View attachment 2968598
Not saying you’re a terrible photographer or anything, but I’d love to see a clearer picture of what the patterning on the breast and back look like. 😉
She’s got a pea comb, it looks like? Brahma influence but no feathers on the legs? Those are the colors you’re looking for, right?

Not saying you’re a terrible photographer or anything, but I’d love to see a clearer picture of what the patterning on the breast and back look like. 😉
She’s got a pea comb, it looks like? Brahma influence but no feathers on the legs? Those are the colors you’re looking for, right?
I AM a terrible photographer, that's a cheap cell phone as camera (an S-10 I think? that I kept when I upgraded several years ago), and I was 3x digital zoom. ;) I'm just happy you can tell its a chicken.

Yes, those are the colors I'm looking for (though too dark, it makes the pattern very "muddy"). I want more red/gold than black/brown. and more comb, to help with the heat. But the patterning looks good.

I AM a terrible photographer, that's a cheap cell phone as camera (an S-10 I think? that I kept when I upgraded several years ago), and I was 3x digital zoom. ;) I'm just happy you can tell its a chicken.

Yes, those are the colors I'm looking for (though too dark, it makes the pattern very "muddy"). I want more red/gold than black/brown. and more comb, to help with the heat. But the patterning looks good.
Yes, it is definitely a chicken! 😆

Is the pattern pencilled like a Brahma, then?

Yes, it is definitely a chicken! 😆

Is the pattern pencilled like a Brahma, then?
Its half way between an SLW and a DB, to me - like the one funny white bird I've got with mixed markings - though less obvious because the top is so dark. But I've not closely inspected and could be completely wrong. None of my birds "come to hand", that's not the way I raise them. Mostly, a bird in my hand is being introduced to a SHARP! knife. Which is my next project for the day, after I start up the crock pot.

/edit see below - the bird came to check things out while I was setting up the culling station, and permitted me to hold it for (bad) photos. I no longer thing there is any Brahma in it, after further inspection.

Last edited:
Better photos
20220122_112346.jpg
20220122_112335.jpg
20220122_112327.jpg

Back
Top Bottom