Making the most of it.

Pics
I read the first 10 pages and I'm hooked. Is there room for me to squeeze in here and catch up on the latest happenings?

Watched the Seahawks win last night and then watched the final game of the World Series.
smile.png

Cleaned the small section of the run, added sand to the dustbaths and got out the heated base for the waterer, just in case the temperatures start dropping lower. Washed everything down after raking really well and got everything rearranged. Looks so much nicer even though I know the chickens will just mess everything up again tomorrow!

Hope to do more cleaning in the shed and put up some shelves tomorrow. Need to go get supplies to make a gate for the run, too.

Hope you had a great day!

Friday, you crack me up!!!! Why can't we be neighbors.. Busy work is what is done when really we need warm cozies, a good book and fire place. I don't think I will be in need of a Warmer, the girls have been making a mess of my back porch to seek shelter from the rain. I can't wait til I can build the hoop coop to keep them in next spring. More sheltered area plus they can continue to free range. One thing at a time. Drove down into the reservation today to check out all the hoop coops that they have. I think this will be perfect for our weather. The good news is that Devin is back to work.. I'm working on our budget and enjoying the kids being back in school. I tend to get more done in an empty house. Hope everyone is awesome!!!

So glad you had a good Halloween. DH is not a fan of Halloween. Used to be Anti-Halloween. I have converted him a bit,
big_smile.png
but he still will not dress up. Daughter dressed up as a raccoon. Usually we dress in theme, but we had too much going on for me to find a raccoon hunter suit or something. I just didn't put a lot of thought in it. I wore a pumpkin shirt and painted my face as a pumpkin.

Sunday night we got home late because step daughter, son in law and grandson are in town. So we all went to Skyline Chili to eat. They love Skyline, but don't have it in Indiana. Anyway, got home later than anticipated, got the flashlights to go out and feed. DD seen creepy eyes while I was getting the water jugs filled. I thought she was exaggerating and still a bit scared from all of the Halloween happenings. Well, we got closer and there it was. Less than 20' from our coop, up about 5 ft in a tree right along the pathway we walk was a big old opossum!!
ep.gif
Called for backup. (DH) He got his gun and "took care" of it. So glad she seen that sucker before it got in the coop. Our coop is in definite need of a security overhaul. Especially with winter coming so quickly.

Well, got to get ready for work. Having not such a good morning. Left arm (elbow) has been hurting and right leg (knee). Sounds like my pains are doing the hokey pokey! Have a great day!!
wee.gif

Yesterday was just beautiful! Glad to have a break from the rain. Sun shiny but cold. Got the back yard straightened out and cleaned the mess the birds made on my porch. Today looks beautiful as well but it got down to freezing temperatures over night. Had to turn on the heater this morning. First time this year. Hope everyone is doing well. I have lots of cleaning to do today and errands to run. Hopefully something awesome and story worthy happens today. Have a great day.

So wasn't feeling great today so pretty much spent the day on here reading posts and stuff. I did run my errands and buy groceries for dinner though. Country fried steak, mashed tators, homemade gravy, french bread and green beans. Sounds yummy to me. It is so cold in this house but if I turn on my heater i get to hot because I am an aging woman, who had too many kids and my body is trying to end that part of my life. The other day I baked home made bread for the first time. I was going for french but it was too soft. It still tasted good, but I like a crusty outside. I will keep practicing my baking skills cause it does save money on groceries... Today I cheated and bought a loaf. I did spend time outside with the birds. Its super sunny but cold!!!!! wonder if we are gonna get snow this year. Alice the minorca does not like this weather. Her comb is pink and she has stopped laying. I hope she enjoys her rest but man, I miss her white eggs with super orange yolks. all my other birds are winter hardy. They are still laying and look healthy... although some do have messy butts, I need to trim... maybe tomorrow or a day my husband is home to help. Noticed my eggs are fertile and that Little Jerry has gained the respect of his girls. As long as he continues to respect me we can all live in peace. So far so good. I am happy I read up on having a rooster before he got of age.. he likes to sneak attack my brother in law... but no one else cause I taught them all how to be alpha and to chase them and walk through him and not feed him from their hands. so far so good, but cant wait til next spring when I can build them the hoop coop and section off the yard so I wont worry about the little ones that belong to my friends going out there. Gave poor little Rocco a flea bath... Hoping someone else will do oly girl, she is just to big for me to do these days. yeash, I am rambling. Oh well. Tomorrow is a new day. Hope everyone is doing well and those that need rain get it and those that need sun find it.

AYIYI all the teenagers are home and they are asking me why girls act the way they do...... tried to explain I am their mom not their friend. LOL go discuss this with each other. Hahahahaha. girls, oy..... one has been bringing his girlfriend home everyday after school. Oy.... I can do this.

Back
Top Bottom