~MALAYSIAN SERAMA THREAD~ (PICS!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
expect your birds to be close to final weight at 6-8 months of age, they will gain a gram or two though as they grow and final weight wont be reached until about 12-15 months

Thank you for saying this. I came across a craigslist ad here recently where the person was selling seramas with "excellent" type and class A birds at 3-4 months old for a small fortune. They didn't look that great to me and I wanted so bad to send them a message telling them what you just mentioned about their size and how they continue to grow. In fact I believe a cockerel I sold awhile ago is in that bunch for sale and he was a class C bird when I sold him!

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
The Serama Roo in the first pic - why is he dubbed?

He was dubbed when I got him.The guy always had gamebirds (which are always dubbed) and he thought he'd look good like that.I strictly loved his color stature and personality.I always was kind of partial to the pumkin game roosters,which he reminded me of.I won't be showing him,so I don't mind the dubb much.​

My serama babies Fred and Daphne and there serogate (sp)mom Stella the blue cochin
What color would they be called?

35748_seramas_016.jpg

35748_seramas_020.jpg

35748_seramas_018.jpg

35748_seramas_019.jpg

Oh gosh, I have had them change so much it just really throws me to guess. There are some people who have a lot more experience than me so I hope they respond, I'd like to know too. Cute!

Quote:
I'd kind of like to know about my chicks too. I think they might be too small. xD
I'll take some recent pics of them later, they've grown tons in the week since I bought them. Anyway, I tried to get some better pictures of the rooster boy, but while he walks right up to the camera, he seems to have some sort of sixth sense about when I'm actually going to take the picture. Here's what I have:
DSCN1144.jpg

DSCN1143.jpg

You can still see the mark on his comb where the other roosters were picking on him, poor guy.

Last edited:
What sweet white Serama's! I prefer the mixed up colors for my own flock but it's very cool to see such pure white Serama's. They have the nice V shape too, nice birds. I keep finding really nice pullets to buy then notice the U shape they have and I pass them up. I'm still looking for a couple of extra nice pullets.

Quote:
The crazy "you can get anything" is one of the main reasons I wanted these as pets. There's something alluring and elegant about the solids as well as the multi-colored birds.

On the note of colors, does anyone have any guesses as to how the following chick will turn out?
DSCN1163.jpg

I have one that has mostly white wings with a touch of dark, hoping it turns out like the hen I saw at reesepoultry's place.
They're not too big on posing, unfortunately, and spend most of their time cheeping frantically whenever I try to get solo shots....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom