~MALAYSIAN SERAMA THREAD~ (PICS!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Thank GOD!!! I though I was the only crazy
wee.gif
one that brought my seramas in at night, in my room!

I like to hear them Purr when they sleep.

Happy Thanksgiving to EVERYONE!!!!...

Yes.. They make this coo-ing purring sound when they bed down. It is a very relaxing sound... Helps me go to sleep.

Quote:
We are in Michigan. They coldest we have let ours get was in an insulated coop, with the serama pair in a rabbit cage with a heat lamp available for them to get under. Now we keep ours in the basement as soon as the night-time temp thinks about hitting 35 degrees F. Not as spoiled as some but we do have 1 that spends a lot of time with us. lol

I just remember something
he.gif
....Seramas are a hot climate bird...they originally come from Malaysia where it is the tropics. SO, that should help everyone with any questions about bringing those little cute ADORABLE cuddly Seramas in the house when the temps are low...
I am for letting them sleep in my bed with me...but....it doesn't work so good...
lau.gif
They do like a good movie or lots of TV time w/ popcorn just as long as they can sit on yer tummy while doing it.
D.gif
pop.gif
love.gif

Mine supervises me while I wash dishes, fold laundry, play on the PC, pay bills.........................
D.gif
wee.gif

aww it says I have to login to see them. (i don't have facebook) I was supposed to get some serama eggs on the crazy egg chain but that was all most 4 weeks ago I don't think I'm getting the eggs
sad.png

Quote:
I have slept with a chicken in my bed.... a 3 week old EE/cochin one of my serama hens ditched. Squirt spent 3 weeks in the house with me, at night she would crawl into her bed (an old fleece jacket pocket I cut off) and stay there until morning. During the day she had a big rubbermaid tub to herself.

ABout birds in the house.... I used to be all for it but.... Having had up to 16 birds in a 10 by 12 room all winter the dust was UNREAL! I have 6 down there now for a few more weeks then they will join the rest in the heated garage where it stays 60 degrees all winter. I managed to keep a pair outside until the overnight temps got into the teens and daytime temps were in the low to mid 30's. I noticed they were puffed out hanging out in the coop more huddled together so I brought them in. Anything lower then 30 degrees seems to be the limit with the birds I have tried to acclimate to our winter temps.

Quote:
Aww, sorry to hear that! I'd love to be in on that...but not even my coturnix are laying reliably!!!
I hope the person who owes you eggs coughs them up though, since it's only fair!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom