~MALAYSIAN SERAMA THREAD~ (PICS!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning
I am a new hen to raising Serama's but consider myself very luck & even my son is feeling lucky even:celebrate
i recently bought 2 dozen from pamperedpoultry, i put them under two of my hens because i trusted them more
then i did myself & the incubator lol. Well! They have done a great job, 13 made it to lockdown, 10 have hatched
& waiting on 3.
jumpy.gif
. I noticed my Silkie hen has helped some of them out & one if the shells was a double layer shell
?? Wow if i had the poor lil thing in the bator i would have lost the lil peep.
So far all are doing well & can't wait to watch them grow.

~~Jen~~

Welcome Jen and Congratulations! That was a great hatch. Were the eggs shipped or did you pick them up?
You're going to have to share pictures now too. Did you get some pictures of the parents?

Welcome Jen!

I have 5 seramas out now. I have two solid black but they have black legs. I don't want black legs...right. I am not interested in showing them or selling them. I just don't want to screw up the breed. I wont kill them if that is the case they will just go in the eggs eating coop.

Good Morning............
big_smile.png

A big welcome to chicken14......Nice hatch.
I am pretty new also and am so hooked on these little guys that I am selling some of my
LG breeding stock...........
Memephis.....................
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

So happy for you.....
I have a black also.with black legs and have been thinking how great it is...............
He struts around the brooder with that little chest out like he knows he is hot stuff...
maybe that is what I will name him, HOT STUFF.
Will be interested to know if the black legs are a fault.
I thought it was just for the other colors.........

My lone baby is doing great, I was up about three times during the night checking on it
because I did not see it drink water on it's own.
I think the older chick I put in with it is teaching it the ropes.............

Zoomummy.great pic.brought a big smile to my face.
Also appreciate all the other photos.just so many it is hard for me to keep up..............
smack.gif

Hope everyone has a fun day,Toni

Quote:
Congrats to both of you! And I'm glad you like the photo Toni
smile.png
Thank you.

From what I understand (someone else with more knowledge please chime in), you don't want black or willow legs for breeding because it is hard to breed out but not sure there is a real standard yet? I think read that the desired color is yellow for Seramas. I sold all my black and willow legged babies from last winter as pets and people were thrilled to have them! I think all depends what you want your Sermas for? I know they are developing color standards and I also read that darker feather colors will have darker legs. I'm still learning too!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom