Male Duck’s Privates- seeking advice

May 21, 2022
Tennessee
Ok 1yr old male runner duck; sexed him today because was trying to gently sex the new young ones and wanted to be sure what I was looking for.
Am very confused now after seeing him and what apparently should be via searching.

He did not have a corkscrew penis come out. In fact my hubby made the comment he was blue balled because that’s literally what it looked like when we did it. Just a purple/blue blob came out a bit.

Is that normal? Or is he defective?
Which in turn would explain as to why his one mate doesn’t want him or his advances. Lol her eggs are never fertile anymore.

Advice needed/welcomed!

Anyway, you can get a picture?
49DA9377-681B-4FAB-96A0-2B015C3BC264.jpeg
That is all he has! Yesterday it wasn’t as pink.

Looks like a penis but not all the way out. Has he ever had a prolapse and had to have some cut away?
Never. We’ve had him since 3-4 days old or close to it.
No injuries we’ve ever seen especially involving that.
I didn’t want to hurt him so I didn’t push too hard but that’s all that would come out. And when I was done he sucked that back in.
He is a runner, are theirs different that other ducks?

Nope my Runner drake has shown his male part many times right after he has mated. Maybe the rest would have come out if you had worked it more.

Nope my Runner drake has shown his male part many times right after he has mated. Maybe the rest would have come out if you had worked it more.
Ahh therein lies an issue; everytime hubs has ever seen him mate the hen, there has never been a male part showing when he gets done.

Back
Top Bottom