Male Duck’s Privates- seeking advice

May 21, 2022
Tennessee
Ok 1yr old male runner duck; sexed him today because was trying to gently sex the new young ones and wanted to be sure what I was looking for.
Am very confused now after seeing him and what apparently should be via searching.

He did not have a corkscrew penis come out. In fact my hubby made the comment he was blue balled because that’s literally what it looked like when we did it. Just a purple/blue blob came out a bit.

Is that normal? Or is he defective?
Which in turn would explain as to why his one mate doesn’t want him or his advances. Lol her eggs are never fertile anymore.

Advice needed/welcomed!

HE HAS ONE! lolol
He mated our hen & jumped out of the pool. We were watching and caught a quick glimpse of it; he's just really fast at retracting. And I guess I was not pushing enough to see. lol Granted what I did see, his is definitely not as long & corkscrewish as some photos I've seen of other drakes. His was fatter nub. lol

Just thinking maybe he was injured while doing it
The hatchery do sex them but are also very good at it
Was just a thought I had
Maybe so. The only times I’ve ever done it I’ve been very gentle. Probably not pushing as hard as those who know what to do, do.
Now we did have 2 other drakes awhile back. They could have injured him when fighting some.

Looks like a penis but not all the way out. Has he ever had a prolapse and had to have some cut away?
Never. We’ve had him since 3-4 days old or close to it.
No injuries we’ve ever seen especially involving that.
I didn’t want to hurt him so I didn’t push too hard but that’s all that would come out. And when I was done he sucked that back in.
He is a runner, are theirs different that other ducks?

Maybe so. The only times I’ve ever done it I’ve been very gentle. Probably not pushing as hard as those who know what to do, do.
Now we did have 2 other drakes awhile back. They could have injured him when fighting some.
Maybe he's just 'shy'? I had a rabbit buck that you had to be super fast when flipping and sexing because as soon as he was upside-down, he'd suck in his bits and he'd look like he was neutered. Maybe the drake is somehow just not showing everything on purpose?

Anyway, you can get a picture?
49DA9377-681B-4FAB-96A0-2B015C3BC264.jpeg
That is all he has! Yesterday it wasn’t as pink.

Back
Top Bottom