Male or Female Ameraucana?

I just went in to our local TSC store to see the new chicks and they actually had a batch labeled as Easter Eggers...TSC has been selling EE's for a long time as Ameracauna's. So I was surprised to actually see the EE sign maybe they got tired of everybody calling them out!

Do easter eggers have the puffy cheeks? I was looking at a website and they offered easter eggers and in one of the pictures the hen had puffy cheeks and the hen in another picture didn't

Do easter eggers have the puffy cheeks? I was looking at a website and they offered easter eggers and in one of the pictures the hen had puffy cheeks and the hen in another picture didn't

"Easter Eggers" is not a breed. They are relationed to the breeds Ameraucanas and Araucanas, then bred with many different breeds so they no longer fit either breed's standards. They usually have muffs and pea combs, but come in nearly every variety and color, some even have ear tufts or are rumpless. Each EE is different, but overall they are usually a smaller bird that lays pink, green, or blue eggs." https://www.backyardchickens.com/reviews/easter-eggers.10830/
:frow

Back
Top Bottom