Male runners??

WOW
ep.gif
Those are HUGE boys to the point of looking like Swedish ducks. I love your blue and brown ones, very pretty

I don't know how much evidence there is to back it up, but I have heard that if your temps are off, more male embryos will survive than females. If this is a persistent problem, then I'd say it's worth looking into. What kind of thermometer are you measuring with? Some are more accurate than others. What incubator?

They are very pretty boys...
lol.png

Quote:
X2!! I think I remember something about the sex of a reptile embryo being determined by the incubation temperature... however, that was back in my biology/ecology days... and you have ducks, not lizards!!
hu.gif

Your boys are adorable! Runners are the BEST!!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Yeah, the incubator temp won't CHANGE the gender of the egg like it will with reptiles. It just might (if this is correct) cause more girl embryos to die than boy, which would lead to a higher boy to girl ratio.

Quote:
I wondered about that because I have one male one female runner duck and they both quack. The female, Cocoa, does most of the quacking usually around 5:30am or 6:00 am when she want's out of her pen to feed on the morning worms in the yard. But I have heard Jade, my male, quack and when he does boy is he loud! Most of the time he is very quiet. Just some foraging noises here and there and duck chatter between the two of them usually.

Back
Top Bottom