Mallord Ducks Wings Question

njpohl2002

Hatching
May 20, 2015
I have a four to five month old quite large mallard duck. Am pretty sure she is a female and have noticed as she has grown, that her wings to not appear to lay flat against the body. She opens her wings, and they are quite large. They look normal, but they don't lay flat against the body. They appear to stick out at an angle. Remarks I have received from people are that they maybe deformed. She flaps them and does everything normal. She is quite large and a somewhat large in size. One feed store told me that it could be her weight pushing them to stick out and not lay flat. I have never seen this before and was wondering if anyone else had seen this and if I should be concerned. She is the best duck. So sweet and caring about the two baby ducks I just purchased. Please advise. Thank you!!!

Can you post some pictures of her?

It could be angel wing, if you use the search bar you can find a lot of threads about it

Good luck with your girl!

Thank you for your reply. I believe you are correct in your diagnoses of Angel Wing. I have never heard of it, but after researching, it looks to me that is what she has. This site said to wrap wings and to put on a diet of greens, etc and cut back on the chicken feed. This will be interesting trying to wrap her wings, but hopefully this will help. If it works great, but if it doesn't, we love her anyway and will live with her being different. She is just extra special to us. Thank you again for your advice and time. Very helpful. Have a wonderful day!!

I don't have any experience with angel wing either. But from the few pictures I saw it really is angel wing. Hopefully you can correct her wings it but I'm not sure if that's possible in adult ducks. She looks super cute!

I hope someone who knows more about angel wing comes along!

Back
Top Bottom