Malware Central!

all I know is I am on many other forums and on Facebook and this is THE ONLY place I have any problem with at all-

If viewing on Chrome I get near constant popups that flash has crashed and then it seizes

If viewing on IE I get repeated crash and restart browser notifications

Plus the malware/Trojan warnings

I have Windows 8.1 and a DSL internet connection. None of the other forums I am on ever have these problems. Never and I have been a member of a couple of those for more than 10 years

Last edited:
This is the one that just now caused a big alert and made me restart computer to remove it. It appeared for the 3rd time in 2 days when I hit "new posts"

I thought I had copied the Trojan's name so I could paste it here but guess not. sets off all sorts of noisy alerts though

This is the one that just now caused a big alert and made me restart computer to remove it. It appeared for the 3rd time in 2 days when I hit "new posts" I thought I had copied the Trojan's name so I could paste it here but guess not. sets off all sorts of noisy alerts though
The stuff is arriving through ad Servers (Google and elsewhere). I keep Flash in Chrome always set to: (Advanced Setttings: Privacy/Content Settings/plugins) this allow one to Rclick on icon and choose to run (or not). And as this "invite" to update Flash arrived while I was uploading photo above? Cheeky scum (not actually Flash Related). Anyway, the first time this showed up was about a week ago while reading an article from the archives of the New York Times. Machine is clean and the current attempt to exploit only works if one clicks to install following download (meh) - and I'm sure it will get whack-a-moled RSN. Only one person had reported the address listed from your image of page: https://safeweb.norton.com/reviews/308837 The address used today had yet to generate complaints, anywhere: https://ohghimafiameme.com/2273097305777/e5a694f3c885372400036ea92767fc33.html - don't bother clicking - you can never get "there" from "here" with the address from which the BS was sent - one has to invite the vampire in by clicking install, then off one is sent to be "dosed". For those interested in drilling into the particulars: https://www.fireeye.com/blog/threat-research/2016/04/cve-2016-1019_a_new.html Run Malwarebytes (and the adwcleaner - linked to in Malwarebytes): https://www.malwarebytes.org/

yeah I have both malware bytes and Defender and every day they both sound off telling me something from the BYC forum has sent them into a tailspin. IF I do NOT visit BYC forum I NEVER get panic alarm alerts

Last edited:
this site appears to use the same forum software that Huntingchat.net uses. HC has a TON of ads as well but zero issues ever

BYC forum has crashed on my about 10+ times today and I just now got this malware warning

this site appears to use the same forum software that Huntingchat.net uses. HC has a TON of ads as well but zero issues ever

BYC forum has crashed on my about 10+ times today and I just now got this malware warning

Having same issues here as well. I participate in several forums and all of them work perfectly other than this one. Super slow. After visiting a few threads everything totally locks up and I have to get out and back in to continue. Very frustrating. I just ponied up the $20 to stop the ads. Of course my order is "pending" even though I paid with PayPal so I guess I'll have to wait and see once I get access to stop the ads.

all I know is I am on many other forums and on Facebook and this is THE ONLY place I have any problem with at all-

If viewing on Chrome I get near constant popups that flash has crashed and then it seizes

If viewing on IE I get repeated crash and restart browser notifications

Plus the malware/Trojan warnings

I have Windows 8.1 and a DSL internet connection. None of the other forums I am on ever have these problems. Never and I have been a member of a couple of those for more than 10 years

This is my experience as well. I was on Win7 but now on 10. Same problems persist. Many thousands of posts on other forums with no issues but here... yikes.

Example: CPU usage with multiple other forums running is 14%-17%. As soon as I open BYC it shoots up to 60%+ spiking to over 80%. Close BYC, back to 14%. Pretty easy even for a computer illiterate person such as myself to see why BYC is so slow. I LOVE this forum but using it is difficult at best.

After disabling the ads and the right column extras and running Ad-Aware the forum works perfectly now. CPU usage is down in the single digits. Not sure if you guys have any control over what Ad Choices spews into the sight or if they just do whatever they want but the ads are obviously the issue.

I use Firefox with Ad Block Plus in place

The website is much faster than those official website by some of tech giants.

I like the editor here :) it's quick and simple when posting pictures and videos :)

so kudos to the mods/admins of this forums for such a user friendly forums
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom