Mandarin and Wood Duck Crosses

I've have both woodies and Mandarins in the same area with good breeding success and never had any hybrids.

Hi just wanted to know how I would stop my mandarin for pairing with my Carolina duck as my male mandarin is with the female Carolina an my female Carolina is with my male mandarin or am I too late to do anything about it

Quote:

Thanks for your reply. I was worried I wouldn't be able to have both. They are in the same genus aren't they? I am not good with genetics so this is a learning experience for me. Kramer
Mandarin ducks have a extra chromosome, I have two pr of mandarins, and two pair of wood ducks in the same pen, with no problems.
I and wondering the same thing as I have wood ducks and Mandarin ducks

I am hoping but they can stay together and not crossbreed but I have not gotten an answer from anyone that has both

Mandarin ducks have a extra chromosome, I have two pr of mandarins, and two pair of wood ducks in the same pen, with no problems.
Can you help me guys I have one wood duck hen but I can’t find a drake anywhere but I can find a mandarin drake will they cross plz I need to know

Back
Top Bottom