Manna Pro Hatch-A-Long! - First Sponsor Participated Hatch-A-Long – Set on 4/22

JenniO11

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 11, 2012

This hatch is for anyone who is interested in hatching with our sponsor Manna Pro! Laura from Manna Pro will be setting eggs at the Manna Pro office on 4/22. Laura will be checking in with us, sharing pictures and updating us on the Manna Pro hatch – please join us!

Last edited:
How exciting!!! This is the first time ever that we've had a sponsor of BYC participate in a hatch-a-long! We know it's short notice, but hopefully some peeps who are already planning to hatch can join in!!!

thumbsup.gif

How exciting!!! This is the first time ever that we've had a sponsor of BYC participate in a hatch-a-long! We know it's short notice, but hopefully some peeps who are already planning to hatch can join in!!!

thumbsup.gif

Do we set on 4/17 or 4/22?

We have quite a few eggs so we will set some Australorp and Orpingtons. Maybe even a few Narragansett turkeys!

Quote:
Then we will be ahead a couple of days. We set heritage exhibition Orpingtons, Australorp and Buff Wyandotte Bantams today. The incubator is a little full. It looks a bit like this older photo. We have a few hatching this week so it will not be as crowded. Decided to hold off on setting any turkey eggs yet.

Last edited:
So sorry for the confusion! If you are a few days ahead, that's totally fine! Just check in with us because we'd still love to hear from you!

I have BCM and Birchen Marans in the incubator. The last bunch I tried were unfertile. I'm hoping for much better results this time!

Yay! Hello, everyone! Just a few days until our "Hatch-A-Long" starts! My name is Laura and I am the Poultry Brand Manager at Manna Pro, and also the person who will be hatching chicks in my office. How cool is my job?

A little background about me - I have personally been a member of BYC since 2009, and have had my own flock of chickens since 2010. I have ordered mail-order chicks, I have hatched chicks in incubators, and I have let my broody hen hatch eggs too. My current flock consists of the following:

• "Alabama" - EE
  • "Buckbeak" - EE
  • "Hedwig" - EE
  • "Tonks" - EE
  • "Dory" - OE
  • "McGonagal" - BCM
  • "Ripley" - Wheaten Marans
  • "Sophie" - Cuckoo Marans
  • "Mrs. Featherbottom" - BA
  • "Bronte" - SLW
  • "Sally" - Buff Silkie
  • "Gilda" - Blue Silkie

I have a happy home lined up for the chicks that hatch out of this Hatch-A-Long, but I might be persuading my husband to let me keep a few for myself... We'll see!
tongue.png

The eggs I'm setting will be a bunch of "barnyard mixes" which I have always thought would be fun... who knows how they'll all turn out!? I love the mystery!

I'll post pictures of the setup soon...

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS HATCH-A-LONG!!

If you want to know more about Manna Pro, feel free to visit www.mannapro.com or find us on facebook by searching "Manna Pro Poultry."

Quote:
Then we will be ahead a couple of days. We set heritage exhibition Orpingtons, Australorp and Buff Wyandotte Bantams today. The incubator is a little full. It looks a bit like this older photo. We have a few hatching this week so it will not be as crowded. Decided to hold off on setting any turkey eggs yet.

So sorry for the confusion! If you are a few days ahead, that's totally fine! Just check in with us because we'd still love to hear from you!

Oops, forgot to load the old photo. I really need to get a bigger incubator!

Back
Top Bottom