Mantracker!!!!

I love this show! My sister says I'm obsessed 'cause I have a note book on it, listing ideas and stuff.
roll.png
hide.gif

Quote:
Terry has to find where they start and he does not know the finish line hence why he has to track them. You must have not seen very many of his shows, he has had shows all over Canada, Cali and Hawaii. In every ground cover from heavy boggs to thick bush and yes even some with no high ground. Many who are prey say the same on the show how they are " not real impressed" until the end of the show and they see how "easy" it is both for him and them. If it was as easy as you state with him knowning the start and finish, how is it that he doesnt win them all, why wouldnt he just ride to the finish line and wait? I have met him and people he has rescued from being lost and seen the true appreciation of Mr Terry Grant.

Quote:
Terry has to find where they start and he does not know the finish line hence why he has to track them. You must have not seen very many of his shows, he has had shows all over Canada, Cali and Hawaii. In every ground cover from heavy boggs to thick bush and yes even some with no high ground. Many who are prey say the same on the show how they are " not real impressed" until the end of the show and they see how "easy" it is both for him and them. If it was as easy as you state with him knowning the start and finish, how is it that he doesnt win them all, why wouldnt he just ride to the finish line and wait? I have met him and people he has rescued from being lost and seen the true appreciation of Mr Terry Grant.

yup and a nice guy too
thumbsup.gif

I did notice today, Mantracker is on.

I think he would be a neat guy to meet. What's even neater if one of the BYCers have a shapshot with him!

Yep only watched a few of them and they were pretty much the same. On one of them a couple of cops did beat him. He was within probably 20 to 30 feet of them at one time and if he just would have got his rear off that horse and walked into the brush he would have had them. Maybe that's part of the rules, he can't leave his horse or something.
idunno.gif

I think to make it more fair he should be on foot as well.

Last edited:
Thats not the point of the show. Thats your idea what the show should be.
Why don't you apply to Mantracker and get on the show, you might have a different opinion after.

My hubby was watching it with me for a bit when he got home from drill today. He thinks it is completely staged. Of course it has to be somewhat because wouldn't he be able to see the people filming them?

I told him to shush up. He had the same question - why doesn't he just go after them when he can see them out in the open?

I just like watching the thought process.

Quote:
If you go on the official Mantracker website, they state that they send out several "dummy crews" just so that he doesn't look for the crews. They also reshoot a lot of scenes after for dramatic effect.

Grant has stated in several shows that in some instances, the horses are not much of an advantage. Swamps, bogs, steep terrain and dense forests are some of them

hahaha this thread is awesome...my friend just signed up for mantracker, her and her BFF are going to be the prey, I am soo jealous....we live in Northern ontario and they literally just finished their tapping and sent it in yesterday. I hope she gets chosen to go, cause well I would just adore watching my very french very outdoorsy girl friends doing what they do almost every weekend and seeing how they do on the show!!!

I am not kidding they are perfect candidates, they spend every weekend out in the woods no matter what the temps are, they drive out to the middle of nowhere then they have to grab their packs and then hike through the bush to her cabin, at this time of year they snowshoe. then they spend the rest of the time ice fishing.

I am addicted to this show, sadly its all been re runs here I can't wait for new episodes, I hate the fact that they wait till spring/summer for new episodes, Canadian television sucks sometimes...lol...

I would love to do this with my DH, but my health currently will not permit it.

things I would certainly never do:

leave silly notes behind or lingerie
bring too much gear that is not needed
talk loudly, already kowing that trees carry sound quite well, (I live in the bush)
waste my time trying to throw him off by wearing backwards soles, or backtracking, or walking backwards
Cry like a baby when I saw him (this epidose was pathetic, you know the martial arts instructor who broke down crying and whining when she saw him)
Taunt him when he nearly catches me and then can't get through the deadfall (this always backfires)
Go into it blindly, not knowing how to read a map or compass (this one takes the cake)

and the dumbest of them all......leave bear banger traps.....I was pretty ticked off when I saw that episode!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom