Marans - SOP discussion thread

Quote:
Is this referring to "mossy"?

So - do we need to change the white shank/toe feathers to a DQ from a FAULT?

Quote:
That is the problem with the BCM descriptions. There are some that say different things. The Marans club has the correct description posted now. Use that one.

Walt

Quote:
I just checked and don't see it as a DQ. If it is not specifically mentioned, it is a fault.

Walt

Walt, the white in shank and toe feathers is a DQ, Apa SOP also says more than one appearance of more than one half inch of positive white in any section of the Plumage is a DQ. Sorry ,

No need to be sorry Don. that is what it says and now I remember us talking about that at one time. I have a number of things going on at the moment and just missed it with my quick reply.

Walt

Quote:
Walt, the white in shank and toe feathers is a DQ, Apa SOP also says more than one appearance of more than one half inch of positive white in any section of the Plumage is a DQ. Sorry ,

No need to be sorry Don. that is what it says and now I remember us talking about that at one time. I have a number of things going on at the moment and just missed it with my quick reply.

Walt

Walt, It is just hard for me to disagree with someone that knows a lot more about chickens than myself. The people here really appreciates your comments.

Fault of the head

Rear part of the blade turning sideways

11170_gnarles_rear_comb_twist_to_one_side_2010.jpg

11170_gnarles_rear_view_comb_turning_sideways.jpg

Last edited:
Pink,

Thank you so much for volunteering your pics.
So Many Folks thought this project would be a good thing AND yet so few have posted pics.

Once again Pink, you have gone above and beyond the call of duty.
Once again, you have proven that you are a Surperb person and caring breeder by supporting the improvement of the breed through posting your pics.

Love YA Girlfriend!
hugs.gif
Folks like you are few and far between. I am glad to be able to call you "friend"
hugs.gif

I am working on my Christmas tree today... When I get done with that, I will upload some pics of twisted combs and thumbprints combs!

Last edited:
Awwwwww...Thanks Math!
hugs.gif

I will be posting more as I filter through them and finds faults or DQ's. All For The Love Of Marans I say.
smile.png

Quote:
Ditto THAT!

Quote:
In this regard - anyone that has pics of the faults/DQ's we've listed that has good pictures, but doesn't want them to be identified - please feel free to PM them to me - you have my word the source will not be identified.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom