Marans - SOP discussion thread

Quote:
Yes... and I just added spilt and slipped wing to the list of DQ's.

If you see anything that needs to be added - - holler.
big_smile.png

Are we completely sure that white in shank/toe feathering is a DQ? I thought we'd discussed before and it was determined that it is NOT a DQ, but a fault....

Quote:
I just checked and don't see it as a DQ. If it is not specifically mentioned, it is a fault.

Walt

Great - thanks, Walt - I've updated the first post, too.

Quote:
I just checked and don't see it as a DQ. If it is not specifically mentioned, it is a fault.

Walt

Walt, the white in shank and toe feathers is a DQ, Apa SOP also says more than one appearance of more than one half inch of positive white in any section of the Plumage is a DQ. Sorry ,

Quote:

Walt

Walt, the white in shank and toe feathers is a DQ, Apa SOP also says more than one appearance of more than one half inch of positive white in any section of the Plumage is a DQ. Sorry ,

So, maybe we need to add the full description to the white shank / toe feather like we did FULLY lopped comb as opposed to a partial lopped comb being a "no-fault" issue ? ?

You can use my BCM hen as a fault in color and my suppose to be splash maran roo He has the color wrong as well as his tail is too fluffy.Also something is wrong about the comb too. I'll fix that this spring with new blood from a diffrent breeder. I found one in Sweetwater TN. I'm still using the roo to put over my green/blue eggers. But not as a breeder to my marans
83884_100_1033.jpg

83884_100_1010.jpg

83884_lamar2.jpg

83884_100_1046.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom