Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2010.

1. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    Quote:Cadeau~
    I believe you can see a toe punch chart in The Chicken Health Handbook by Gail Damerow. It's on page 223 if that helps. I would scan and post but scanner is stupid and I am not scanner friendly. Marans of America Club shade cards may be different than the Marans Chicken Club shade cards. I have the MCC shade card and the backs are blank.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  2. Cadeau

Cadeau Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    Thanks Pink!!

3. AyeUpChuck

AyeUpChuck Striving for Self-Sufficiency

Mar 7, 2011
    Beavercreek, OR
    Quote:Cadeau~
    I believe you can see a toe punch chart in The Chicken Health Handbook by Gail Damerow. It's on page 223 if that helps. I would scan and post but scanner is stupid and I am not scanner friendly. Marans of America Club shade cards may be different than the Marans Chicken Club shade cards. I have the MCC shade card and the backs are blank.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Does anyone have an opinion of the MOAC or MCC? Is one better, do you like both? I want to join one but not sure what the benefits of belonging to both would be? Kind of leaning toward MCC.....

Any opinions?

4. Mountain Mel

Mountain Mel Pinkchicks' Neighbor

Dec 31, 2010
    Castle Rock, WA
    Quote:I think your life has all the makings of a really, really, good country song!
    I betcha it is a BLAST doing all that line dancing. . ..

Your dad is a LOT older than you. . .. My dad is living with us ( Alzheimers) and he is in his 60's.
    It gets rough taking care of your parents.

I think I've got you beat, Berkeley...Late last fall my wife left. Then a few weeks later my dog got ran over and killed. 2 days later my mom died. Due to a felony in my background, the only work I can find is washing dishes and 3 weeks ago I was cut back to 18 hrs./week. The administrator of my moms' estate failed to make loan payments on the property I am supposed to inherit, so I had to sell my personal Dodge 4x4 in order to make the payments and avoid forclosure. 48 Hrs. later I recieved a letter from the lawyer stating that due to lack of funds I would be forced to turn over the vehicle I was about to inherit -- leaving me with nothing to drive. Now today I learn that I may very well not only lose the property that I was supposed to inherit but also the house and property that I have lived in for the last 25 years since the title was still in my moms' name. The "upshot" of all this is that from a $500,000.00 inheritance I may very well end up homeless and on the streets. That is what I found out from the lawyer today.
    Tomorrow I will see the doctor. With any luck at all he will find that I am terminally ill so that I may die naturally as opposed to by my own hand. (Everyone knows that you can't get into Heaven if you die by your own hand)
    And so, how was your day?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  5. seabreeze

seabreeze Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2010
    Scio, OR
    Wow Mel, I'm soooo sorry!! Keeping good thoughts for you! My husband suddenly died in 2005 and there was a contestation of his will, a 3 year probate, administration of the estate in two states (OR and CA) and it was the worst nightmare I had ever lived through. My own health declined rapidly, was raising at the time a 12 yr old son just starting high school, taking over hubby's *empire* of business that I had NO hand in previously except to help with data entry.

I know about estate administration and I'm appalled that your administrator wasn't bonded by the courts in order to adminster the estate, I certainly had to be!! Just so things like this do not happen and if the administrator took compensation for adminstration, you can sue them.

White light and prayers for a positive outcome.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  6. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    My Blue Copper Marans pullet from Monique's stock.
    [​IMG]

I think she has lovely coppering.
    [​IMG]

7. Ivywoods

Ivywoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2010
    Hiawatha, KS
    MEL! I'm so sorry to hear this! How much of the estate did the attorney take for himself? You just can't trust anyone with money, it seems. I hate legal bullpucky!

dang. If I could afford a trip to the NW, I'd come out there and a bunch of you NW'erners could get rowdy with one midwesterner and whoever else might make it!

8. berkeleysprings

berkeleysprings Chillin' With My Peeps

gosh mell , so sorry , keep your sperits up keep a smile on your face try country dancing its fun ... the best thing is to keep bizzy .thank goodness its friday

9. Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI
    Quote:I think your life has all the makings of a really, really, good country song!
    I betcha it is a BLAST doing all that line dancing. . ..

Your dad is a LOT older than you. . .. My dad is living with us ( Alzheimers) and he is in his 60's.
    It gets rough taking care of your parents.

I think I've got you beat, Berkeley...Late last fall my wife left. Then a few weeks later my dog got ran over and killed. 2 days later my mom died. Due to a felony in my background, the only work I can find is washing dishes and 3 weeks ago I was cut back to 18 hrs./week. The administrator of my moms' estate failed to make loan payments on the property I am supposed to inherit, so I had to sell my personal Dodge 4x4 in order to make the payments and avoid forclosure. 48 Hrs. later I recieved a letter from the lawyer stating that due to lack of funds I would be forced to turn over the vehicle I was about to inherit -- leaving me with nothing to drive. Now today I learn that I may very well not only lose the property that I was supposed to inherit but also the house and property that I have lived in for the last 25 years since the title was still in my moms' name. The "upshot" of all this is that from a $500,000.00 inheritance I may very well end up homeless and on the streets. That is what I found out from the lawyer today.
    Tomorrow I will see the doctor. With any luck at all he will find that I am terminally ill so that I may die naturally as opposed to by my own hand. (Everyone knows that you can't get into Heaven if you die by your own hand)
    And so, how was your day?

Sorry to hear this Mel, sending good luck your way [​IMG]

10. Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI
    Quote:nice pictures, how old are they?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by