Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2010.

1. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    Jesus MEL.... you win!!!

Let me give you this pearl.... In 1998 my MIL died (loved that woman).. our dog died, we lost our business, found out we owed the IRS 3/4 of a million dollars, My husbands business partner (who was on drugs) ran our company into the poorhouse and fired 20 crews of electrician with JOBS IN PROGRESS... on a thursday!!! that left us to scramble and find new electricians because ppl were calling wondering where we were... We were working on high rises in portland... All while we were taking care of his only brother DYING OF CANCER.... AFTER OUR HOUSE HAD BURNED TO THE GROUND and we lost everything we owned... It took years to pull up.... it was hard to get up in the morning.... But I can tell you this... If I can rise from the ashes.... so can you MEL!!!! All these things happened in a two week period... It was staggering.... The IRS scared me the most... We had to go to meetings and they would say some real scarey un nice thngs... Mel.. you can get through this.... Once breath at a time!!! Put your head down and spearhed the storm...I am praying for ya... that is what got me through it... tell ya somethin else... there is some metal you are made of on the other side of this....

I watched my friends as she lost her daughter a week after my house burned to the ground.....and I realized how LUCKY I was...hang in there... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] One day at a time MEL...one day at a time..... Truth is... ya can't take it with ya... I was scooping what was left of my house into a dumpster on new years..I had to pay to throw my house away... Did I mention that the house burned down at Christmas... oh joy... and MY mother lost her house at the same time....she has MS... and because of the nature of the fire... (4 year old) I was under investigation for child neglect... GAWD!!! He had autism... UG... Autistic kids are a challenge to the 10th power!!! My husband and I nearly lost our marbles... really... had to be put on meds... It sucked... but we made it through it... This is a maze Mel... find your way THROUGH it.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  2. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Mel, Geebs, Berkeley .... y'all have me beat by a long shot! I just have a divorce to complain about - and I'm not really complaining about that (and he took the dogs).

Sending [​IMG] your way ....

3. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    may they tear up the sofa and crap on the floor!!! ha ha ha...

thanks barngoddess... right back at ya!!! [​IMG] Now ya know why I laugh...no brains left at all!!! Lost my mind.. never did find it... No matter though... I have BYC!!!

4. math ace

math ace Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
  5. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Holy cow! You guys are some tough nuts! Hang in there Jan, Mel, and Randy! As my Mom used to say, "this too shall pass". Prayers going out to all of you. [​IMG]

Randy, somehow I can't believe you'd sleep alone in a woman's prison! [​IMG] You are a handy and funny guy, do you know how hard those qualities are to find these days?? I'd trade in a George Clooney for a Red Green any day!!! "If the women don't find you handsome, at least be handy". YEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mom used to say, "one day your prince will come", and "someday your ship will come in". Well, I think my ship sank 5 miles off shore, and the dang prince was on it! [​IMG] Thank God for my animals! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Mountain Mel

Mountain Mel Pinkchicks' Neighbor

Dec 31, 2010
    Castle Rock, WA
    Quote:I have yet to see a hearse pulling a U-haul.....

7. Debbi

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    [​IMG] Oh man! Just bury me in the U-haul, I AM TAKING IT WITH ME!! [​IMG]

8. math ace

math ace Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Quote:I tell Dd ( dear daughter) that she should either marry rich OR marry a man who has tools and knows how to use them!
    NOW BOYS, before you even go there.. . .. . REMEMBER my Dh made this for me

The Gazebo and fire pit.. . ..

[​IMG]

So, these are the kind of tools I am talking about !

I did not marry rich AND DO NOT regret one minute of my decision.....

9. sabella

sabella Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Newnan Ga
    Hugs and prayers for ya Mel. We're going through hell right now but it in no way compares.

10. Debbi

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] That's what I'm talking about!! Kudos to your hubby!! Have you seen Randy's cabin??? I am in AWE!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by