Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Here is my FBCM Cockeral. He is 15 weeks. He is from Wade Jean/Bev Davis and Cottage Hill lines. I think he has a little much color on the breasts but not sure. What do you think?

Anyone showing birds this spring? Do you have pics? Just curious of your stock and the looks. I love this breed
smile.png
We are right in the middle of our show season. We have to go to The Ft Worth Livestock Show in a couple of weeks. We go to Newnan, GA the middle of February, and then to the South Texas State Fair at the end of March. There are a couple of other shows going on in Texas, but we have not decided if we are going to go or not. You can always keep up with our latest shows through our website. We try to keep current pictues on our Show Pictures and Awards page. I think that it was updated a couple of days ago.

Regards,
Ernie Haire
Arp, Texas
www.Marans2XL.com

Here is my FBCM Cockeral. He is 15 weeks. He is from Wade Jean/Bev Davis and Cottage Hill lines. I think he has a little much color on the breasts but not sure. What do you think?
He is still young and has time to change. Sometimes, these birds amaze me with the changes they make as they mature. At this point, he has too much copper to work in our program. I would like to see him in a few months.

JMO,
Ernie Haire
Arp, Texas
www.Marans2XL.com

Thank you, Pinkchick!
She's grown a little since that photo. She's such a nice girl.

My daughter and I are also looking for a Marans 'fella' for her this spring!
What would happen if we bought a Cuckoo Marans for her? We may have the opportunity to get one locally soon.

Back
Top Bottom