Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Updated pictures of my 6 week old Birchen Marans. If you will recall, I had one obvious roo, one pretty likely pullet and one that was in between. The one that is in-between has been REALLY slow to feather, has a comb slightly bigger than the pullet and MUCH smaller than the roo. Comb and wattles are still pale and smallish. He/she is the smallest of the three, very small. Due to the size and the fact that the comb/wattles are pretty small and very pale, I am leaning towards pullet on that one as well. I am open to your opinions if you will share them! I can't believe how pretty they are becoming! They have the most beautiful hazel eyes and the roo is already getting those gorgeous white feathers on his chest! I was going to definitely re-home him but now I will have no trouble keeping him if I can't find him a home!

The two I think are girls, the tiny one in front is the one I am not 100% sure of gender.

Hellooooooooooo

Close head shot of the tiny one. Comb is still pale, very slightly bigger than the pullet, but MUCH smaller than the roo. Also, gorgeous eyes!

Sir rooster, he is growing into his comb and developing some gorgeous white on his chest already!!! He is going to be spectacular!

Closer pic of the white on his chest!

How hard would it be to find someone who sells quality marans? Say if someone wanted to buy a trio of Black Copper, a trio of Blue Copper, and a trio of Birchen?

Updated pictures of my 6 week old Birchen Marans. If you will recall, I had one obvious roo, one pretty likely pullet and one that was in between. The one that is in-between has been REALLY slow to feather, has a comb slightly bigger than the pullet and MUCH smaller than the roo. Comb and wattles are still pale and smallish. He/she is the smallest of the three, very small. Due to the size and the fact that the comb/wattles are pretty small and very pale, I am leaning towards pullet on that one as well. I am open to your opinions if you will share them! I can't believe how pretty they are becoming! They have the most beautiful hazel eyes and the roo is already getting those gorgeous white feathers on his chest! I was going to definitely re-home him but now I will have no trouble keeping him if I can't find him a home! The two I think are girls, the tiny one in front is the one I am not 100% sure of gender. Hellooooooooooo Close head shot of the tiny one. Comb is still pale, very slightly bigger than the pullet, but MUCH smaller than the roo. Also, gorgeous eyes! Sir rooster, he is growing into his comb and developing some gorgeous white on his chest already!!! He is going to be spectacular! Closer pic of the white on his chest!
My 2 cents. I think the one in question is a cock too.

Back
Top Bottom