Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Quote:
Hey Bravo, I wouldn't complain about photo quality if I had eggs that looked like that.....Good for you!!!!

Thanks! The lighting and poor quality camera make them appear darker than they really are. If I could find my handy-dandy egg color chart I'd say they were probably a solid #6 egg.

I saw that, just because it says "Bev".... I got a bunch of eggs from MPC, also advertised Bev and Wade lines.
After they hatched, the leg colors were all over the place. I sent an e-mail to Bev, she said to ask for my money back!
This happened in March, they still haven't replied to me. I didn't ask for a refund, but I did say they should stop using her name.
They still have it on their site!
We need to ask questions, people!!!

Unfortunately, where I am, there aren't any "chicken businesses", and to get some nice BCM's is a dream. I fell into the same trap, but luckily, I can SEE things others can't. I would LOVE to quit my job, and sell chickens. HMMM. The people here at BYC have taught me LOTS in the few months I have been a member. Ask questions. Do research. And be patient. That is the hardest one. HATCH, I SAY!! I have gotten alot of eggs on e-bay, and had many disappointments. Maybe it is better that the USPS killed many of these rejects before they hatched, I saved alot of money on feed!

Quote:
haha too funny. feeding these monsters is a feat in itself eh? i dont have anyone close by that raises them either (well one, but shes not one i really trust) so i bought hatchings...got burned a few times and did more reasearch...ordered more and now i'm in a much better place a couple generations later and careful culling

Quote:
X2 this is a good place to learn and the Marans thread has been so very helpful and wow I am not a patient person when it comes to chickens though I'm learning it was so hard to get anything to have a start. I have learned about many faults though I pretty sure I have hatched them all
lol.png

Quote:
Kind of a bad ad in general. Definitely not the most attractive Blue Copper Marans roo I've ever seen and with that comb. Plus, no mention about egg colour. Definitely not an ad I would be responding to.

I like your birchens pink chick. I have 2 females (1 blue and 1 black birchen) and 1 blue male birchen. My male has leakage now and the black female has some mossiness. The blue female is so light she is almost splash and her silver barely shows up but u can see it good in certain lighting.
I have some good feathered shanked pure blacks to breed them to so hopefully can improve them some.

Well when I got up this morning, I counted 6 key west hens and I could of swore there were only 5 that had went up in the tree. so luckily they all made it. I didn't even count the roos but noted there are still plenty Lol.

Back
Top Bottom