Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Quote:
Yep, we've really just started. I have three heifers that are old enough to breed but the summer heat kept them from cycling. Just gave them some lute to jump start them. Illia, you surprise me. Not many people are familiar with the breed and are always asking what they are.

I'm pretty cattle-breed savvy.

Quote:
Yep, we've really just started. I have three heifers that are old enough to breed but the summer heat kept them from cycling. Just gave them some lute to jump start them. Illia, you surprise me. Not many people are familiar with the breed and are always asking what they are.

I had no idea what kind that was. I haven't been around cattle for a good number of years (even though we are feeding a calf out right now.) However, I DID think that one was BEAUTIFUL as soon as I saw the pic.

Slick sounds like a good Texas cowboy name!

Quote:

I'm pretty cattle-breed savvy.

You are pretty savvy about a lot of things!
smile.png

Quote:
Thank you, Ivywoods. Bryson is a 1300 lb. baby and he has turned a few heads I'm proud to say. I've carried my nick around for 30 years or so. Given to me back in my younger, wilder days and can't seem to shake it. Not sure I'd answer to my given name from anyone except my wife.
lol.png

My stupid comb/carnation comb BC hen is going to a new home today, sold her for $30 with the knowledge that she shouldn't be used for breeding.
smile.png

Quote:
Nice tree in the picture there--did you fall it?? You would never find that around here unless it were a Live Oak! I miss Washington state--I was born there...

That job was in S.W. Washington, up on the Kalama River...which is just over the hill from Pinkchicks' house and a little closer to the Volcano.

Back
Top Bottom