Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

I'm not going to. It is made from 3/4" cabinet plywood. If there is any movement at all, it would probably be minimal.
Plus, with the wood being organic, I think it would regulate the humidity alot better than plastic or metal.
I may paint or stain the outside, because you KNOW it is going to be a major piece of furniture in my house.
I should just clear a spot next to the sofa to set it up!

Quote:
haha too funny...you should totally make them your end tables! One on each side of the couch, just like they are permanent fixtures, just where they should be! I'd love to see what you are talking about with the door when you get that far. I need to adjust my door on the sportsman with a larger viewing window and there is no way I'm going to buy one of those acrylic doors for 75 or more when I can do it myself for hardly anything and have it turn out just as good. I love making things!

I was just thinking end tables myself!
The door will be the same plywood, with a window cut into it. That's where I stopped...
Not too sure how I am going to do it, if I should cut from the front, or the back.
The lexan measured 18x24, so now I have 2 9x24 pieces, it's 36 high, and 17 wide, so it's acceptable for viewing, I hope.

Quote:
Please do, and I'm really interested knowing how much area it will handle. I've been thinking of turning an old 2 door commercial ref/frez combination into an incubator.

Quote:
haha too funny...you should totally make them your end tables! One on each side of the couch, just like they are permanent fixtures, just where they should be! I'd love to see what you are talking about with the door when you get that far. I need to adjust my door on the sportsman with a larger viewing window and there is no way I'm going to buy one of those acrylic doors for 75 or more when I can do it myself for hardly anything and have it turn out just as good. I love making things!

Oooohhhh You are gonna get her in so much trouble suggesting such things LOL. Next year by this time Long Island is gonna be overrun with chickens just like Key West
tongue.png
!

Yes, I think I will cut the channel from the front, so I can silicone it, and then use a molding to keep it from moving around.
If I go from the inside, the molding may take up too much room, and rub against the turners.
Or, disrupt airflow.

Quote:
sounds like it will be a perfectly acceptable viewing window! do you mean cutting the wood from the front or back on the door?

I kinda' thought maybe she was going to make slots down each side for the plexiglass panel to fit snugly in. That would give a full 100% view from the front...
The panel would slide straight up and all the way out for cleaning / loading / unloading. It would be easy to drill holes and put a handle or 2 on the plexiglass to make it easy to slide up.

Last edited:
Quote:

Oooohhhh You are gonna get her in so much trouble suggesting such things LOL. Next year by this time Long Island is gonna be overrun with chickens just like Key West
tongue.png
!

haha...too funny. I've decided to move my incubator into my art studio area so I can have it close by, but the brooders will still be in my hatch room in the barn. I just want to be able to keep track of the babers hatching and everything and candle at night at whim...rather than having to go down to the barn every time. The other thing too is in case of power outages...the house is warmer and I can get it covered with blankets and etc to keep from losing the babers.

Back
Top Bottom