Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Quote:
sounds like it will be a perfectly acceptable viewing window! do you mean cutting the wood from the front or back on the door?

good thinking! and the molding will keep it lookin nice from the outside!

Obviously y'all don't need a mans' input...
duc.gif

Quote:
haha I second that...most of my friends think I'm crazy for creating and building things and always making adjustments to stuff i have laying around. Or my favorite...when people point something out...and I say..."hey, that would make a great ______ (and insert any sort of poultry related item, like brooder, pen, feeder, etc, etc.)

Quote:
All I know is that the design won't be complete until you find some way to incorporate a PINK Zip Tie!
gig.gif

Pink zip tie would be used to hang a clipboard on the side with the color coded hatching time table on it.

Ok, I'm gonna hop in here now. I hatched out 8 gorgeous little Black Copper Maran chicks on Saturday
the 10th. This is my first experience with Marans and large fowl in general. I'm used to bantam Silkies, LOL.
Wish I could post pictures, but my camera is in Texas with the hubby, while I'm in Missouri with all the animals.
I'm reading this thread from the beginning, and I'm only on page 80 right now. I figure my chicks will be ready
to lay by the time I get to the end of the thread.
So far, I'm learning quite a bit. I pretty much got these as my personal egg layers, but who knows, I may decide
to show them also if they turn out as gorgeous as their parents.

Back
Top Bottom