Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Mornin! Thanks for the PM Kim, I'll try to get a message back to you after I get some more stuff done and out of the way on my day off. I'm gonna try some more photos of chicks again too. Just trying to stay busy since my mom's at the hospital most days if she's not at work.

Since when are club members using BYC to promote joining clubs? Sad I cant come to this forum anymore without having to be harrassed about why one 'should' have to join some club.... I am done with this garbage. One of the reasons people have been turned off initially by the Marans threads (previous ones have been closed) was due to the snarkey attitudes and snobbiness. If this is how its gonna be again, good riddance.

Everyone on here should remember that BYC does not promote any clubs; if you have had personal experience with one, and someone asks about it, by all means, post a reply. However, there's no need to be so negative about a club that you're flaming it. Example: that club sucks & you're stupid if you join. Um...yeah....that would be considered flaming. However: I'm glad you had a good experience with XXX, I personally did not find them helpful. THAT statement is fine, and even to go on and give an example is fine, SO LONG AS YOU ARE NOT FLAMING a club, a club member, a group, etc.

The Marans is brand spanking new to the SOP still - there are many issues to resolve, and we won't move forward nearly as quickly as we will if we all work together. So - this post is just intended as a reminder - please play nice!!

Since when are club members using BYC to promote joining clubs? Sad I cant come to this forum anymore without having to be harrassed about why one 'should' have to join some club.... I am done with this garbage. One of the reasons people have been turned off initially by the Marans threads (previous ones have been closed) was due to the snarkey attitudes and snobbiness. If this is how its gonna be again, good riddance.
Easy girl, I didn't take it that way at all. Just opinions on how the clubs work and the good that they do. I didn't see ANY pressure to be joining in those posts. And BTW, the only chicken clubs I belong to are the APA and our local Tucson club.

I thought the cuckoo was already approved
hu.gif

idunno.gif
I dunno what happened.... I am barely a beginner and need all the guidance and input I can get, from where ever I can get it.

Anyhow.....

I have another marans laying!! I have a small batch of marans that I hatched from shipped eggs at the end of December. This makes them only barely 5 months old and I did not expect the three girls to start laying yet but look what I found!!
wee.gif

Here are some pics of the girls... a wheaten and a black copper... ignore the nosy wheaten ameraucana in the back. lol

One of the black copper girls has tons of copper in her hackles..

I expect all three of these girls to just be for my laying pen but I am super excited to get more darker eggs!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom