Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Cad~ They are looking like you and Vicki have been making some very nice choices! They are still very young and will change alot, but you have got some nice boys to finish watching mature. I am in very much like with the copper color coming in.

My pullet's eggs seem to be getting even darker...she laid for either 3 or 4 days in a row, skipped yesterday because she laid so late the day before, and today's egg is a lot darker...I wonder if she'll keep laying this dark or if it was just because she skipped a day?
Washed out a little from the flash - someday I'll actually manage to get some pics in natural light!!!

Cad~ They are looking like you and Vicki have been making some very nice choices! They are still very young and will change alot, but you have got some nice boys to finish watching mature. I am in very much like with the copper color coming in.
yahoo! So maybe I don't suck! haha...just teasing. I really need to go to bed, long, long, long day!

Hello all my marans friends!! I am just popping in to say hello and I miss you guys! lol
This summer I am so crazy busy with work, kids, family, garden, animals that I hardly have time to get online. Which is VERY strange for me. lol
Life should slow way back down in August.
My marans chicks are growing so fast. I have so many questions for Gilavina about my boys that are showing silver. So excited! But for now everyone is growing and growing.
Chat with you all later!!

I am just curious - what would be the fair market price for a blue copper marans pullet? especially with strictly one breeders blood line?

I got my first marans egg a couple days ago from one of the pullets... and nothing... they are being just teases! and they are only 5 months old and the weather has been in the 80s lately - but they are being kept in the barn. Eggs have been pouring out of the other hens (non marans). It was probably on the marans scale of 6 with darker speckles!

Oh well... I am still waiting... :)

Hello all my marans friends!! I am just popping in to say hello and I miss you guys! lol
This summer I am so crazy busy with work, kids, family, garden, animals that I hardly have time to get online. Which is VERY strange for me. lol
Life should slow way back down in August.
My marans chicks are growing so fast. I have so many questions for Gilavina about my boys that are showing silver. So excited! But for now everyone is growing and growing.
Chat with you all later!!
ask away when you have time ma'am! would love to see how they are coming along!

ok...here's a couple shots of the silver marans babies. They are still very sleepy from the trip, so I just went ahead and snapped a couple of shots while I am still home this morning. Most have decent leg feathering, two look clean legged, and one has wild feathering that is kind of comical, but not really usable.

these are a couple of the lighter ones (these are more the ones that the gentleman in the UK uses for breeding, altho to get his start, used both these and the darker ones. So, I might have my start in these little munchkins!)

here's a shot of one of the darker ones (on the left, the black is a regular cuckoo)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom