Marans Thread for Posting Pics of Your Eggs, Chicks and Chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty Wheaties! My only 3 are about 2 weeks old now. The funny thing is - One has solid brown secondaries, another black based brown secondaries, and the third has solid black secondaries. Now, you'd think the solid black winged one the male and the solid brown the female, yeah? - Well the irony is, the solid brown winged one has the bigger comb and already possess the "chattering behavior" to the girls.
smile.png

46537_wheaton_marans_3-27-10_003.jpg
1CM roo (back) & 1 pullet
46537_wheaton_marans_3-27-10_001.jpg
I have 4-5 that are the same in color and feathered out
46537_wheaton_marans_3-27-10_005.jpg
Clean legged chick
46537_wheaton_marans_3-27-10_008.jpg
1 darker and less feathering.
Wheaton Marans and 2 CM will be 2 weeks this Sat.
BerkeleySprings chicks

in the second picture down it looks like two hen chicks but im not sure with the resolution of the picture also this is one of the adult hens with a huge comb and very pronounced compared to the other adult bird (hen) from the same breeder with a small comb . here is a pic of the large comb hen
20346_mvc00122.jpg
the hen is missing all her back feathers kuzzz of a nasty roo i culled a wile back

This is "puffy cheeks" on the left -- the freebee chick given to me as a blue Marans (that I posted about a while back). She's feathering out just like her BCM siblings, but still has kinda poofy cheeks
tongue.png

SANY0966.JPG

Again, giving me the stinkeye
SANY0965.JPG

and here's a current picture of some of the BCM's
SANY0968.JPG

Quote:
If you think they are hens then that would give me 5 hens and one feathered legged roo. All but one look like them. Lighter tan feathers and the one is darker brownie brown. Best way to say the color
lol.png

Last edited:
I believe donna Gerhke has that line... Bayhorsebonne... Google it also known as SoCal maran... I have females from that line just no male.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom