MARCH 2021 HATCH-A-LONG 🌷🌸🌼

Pics
Setting 8 eggs today and another 10 on Sunday if these show signs of being fertile. Literally just finished my first hatch less than a week ago. Incubator didn’t even get time to cool down. 😂

Attachments

• 3BE3AC7F-907F-40C5-9F26-60BD8339EAF1.jpeg
    3BE3AC7F-907F-40C5-9F26-60BD8339EAF1.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 2
fran.PNG

I am using the 2 BOTTOMS of a yellow top incubator and no lids for a makeshift incubator, with 3, 15 w lamps screwed to the top, forming a triangle, the bottom, bottom is in a foam cover, and has the egg turner hooked up to the lid by the wire, but NOT on incubator. (egg turner turns every time incubator plugs in, so I plug it in and let it turn, then unplug.) Then I am less hands on. temp was very steady and I don't have to open it to turn eggs now. All air holes are still UNCOVERED and gaps covered in tape. I have a foam incubator, but when my yellow top was working I had a great hatch. We will see. due around St. Pat's. No eggs are directly under lights.

Not asking if this looks okay, I am happy.

How can i go about getting good colorful hens? My silkie is SSSOOOO lonely and we were having great success with our polish, what is best route to get chicks that are healthy, cuddly and grow up in different colors, egg color no option just getting one egg is thrilling. I lost my 2 silkie roosters n would love to get 1 for my girls. What's opinion on a goose? I'm in major wilderness area always wet here in northern Washington west by mt. baker.
Thank you

How can i go about getting good colorful hens? My silkie is SSSOOOO lonely and we were having great success with our polish, what is best route to get chicks that are healthy, cuddly and grow up in different colors, egg color no option just getting one egg is thrilling. I lost my 2 silkie roosters n would love to get 1 for my girls. What's opinion on a goose? I'm in major wilderness area always wet here in northern Washington west by mt. baker.
Might want to try looking at local breeders in your area. Rainier Foothills Farm has Silkies and also many other breeds. Check out their website.
Good luck and welcome to BYC!😊

Giving my hatch - a- long comrades, or should that be fellow enablers first chance of my testing shipping.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/looking-to-do-6-test-shipments.1447027/

I just may take you up on this, SC is quite a ways away though, not sure you or I would want the risk of a 2,000mile journey. would be one heck of a test though. would be interested in eggs from your opingtons and delawares.

My call duck eggs are on day 19 today! 7 days to go! I’m down to 4 eggs but they are all looking great! :fl ❤️
Also for some reason I have not been receiving alerts for this thread. :hmm

I have the opposite problem, I get emails galore and ive tried changing it to stop emailing me without success. I check daily or every other day. but getting 15 emails a day is a bit too much.

Back
Top Bottom