MARCH 2021 HATCH-A-LONG 🌷🌸🌼

Pics
I saw the quail turner! I was lazy and haven’t replaced my wafer in my hovabator, otherwise I’d be incubating in there. A couple slots in the 360 have 2 eggs, and I haven’t had any issues as of yet. If I do quail in the 360 again, I will probably invest in the quail turner.
oh okay. Yeah I did the same thing and just used one egg per slot until I found the new one.

So I am down to 9 eggs for lockdown. I think my humidity has been a bit high and the airsacks are not as big as they should be.. Has anyone stopped the egg turning and left the eggs in an upright position.. so when they break into the air cell they dont get flooded with fluid? Or lay them down with the air cell end pointing slightly up?
Anyone's thoughts would be much appreciated.
Could I run a dry incubator for a couple of days to help reduce some of the fluid inside the eggs? Then on day 20 get the humidity up high for hatch?
Yes, you can hatch them upright in cut down egg cartons. You can also wait to up humidity until you see the first internal pip, sometimes as late as day 20. What has your humidity been running during incubation?

I have a Mille fluer d’ uccle pair and will be hatching their eggs. So far I have 2 eggs stored and hopefully we will have two more by next Tuesday so we can have a total of 4 in the incubator!! This is my first time hatching so I hope all goes well 😬
9CB63DD7-6A09-40F5-A408-0C28919CD688.jpeg

Yes, you can hatch them upright in cut down egg cartons. You can also wait to up humidity until you see the first internal pip, sometimes as late as day 20. What has your humidity been running during incubation?
I am not sure, I have jut followed the instructions, filling one of the reservoirs at all times. Its in a kitchen/living room with lots of plants and its been warm. I probably could have done a dry incubation...
I will try the egg boxes.

I am not sure, I have jut followed the instructions, filling one of the reservoirs at all times. Its in a kitchen/living room with lots of plants and its been warm. I probably could have done a dry incubation...
I will try the egg boxes.
Do you have a candling photo?
Do you know what your ambient humidity is?
I have, for example, very high ambient humidity, so I do dry incubation.

Back
Top Bottom