March Hatch-A-Long

Finally caught up on all the posts here. Didn't enter the Easter hatchalong, my chicks rarely hatch on due date and since my main incubator failed I now have all the staggered hatches running in my hatching incubator, turners either side with a basket in the middle for hatches. I did try hatching a couple in a 7 egg mini incubator but it was too hot in middle and too cold around edge so could really only hold 3 eggs. I had eggs due to hatch today and being Easter I was really hoping some would hatch but not really confident as with this setup the humidity has been pretty high all the way through. Well what a suprise I got after returning from a day out for Easter and my grandson's baptism to find a chick hatched a 2 had pipped and now another one pipped :wee
View attachment 1746425
:woot

Finally caught up on all the posts here. Didn't enter the Easter hatchalong, my chicks rarely hatch on due date and since my main incubator failed I now have all the staggered hatches running in my hatching incubator, turners either side with a basket in the middle for hatches. I did try hatching a couple in a 7 egg mini incubator but it was too hot in middle and too cold around edge so could really only hold 3 eggs. I had eggs due to hatch today and being Easter I was really hoping some would hatch but not really confident as with this setup the humidity has been pretty high all the way through. Well what a suprise I got after returning from a day out for Easter and my grandson's baptism to find a chick hatched a 2 had pipped and now another one pipped :wee
View attachment 1746425
Yay! Happy Easter!

View attachment 1746425
Congratulations on your surprise Easter hatch!

Thank you. Happy Easter everyone
20190422_071618.jpg

Had 30/43 hatch and one was really weak and didn’t survive. The rest are happy and hardy. Cute little fluffles :jumpy
View attachment 1748212 View attachment 1748211
Probably the last or one of the last posts from me on this thread. It was fun hatching with you all! :frow
That sounds like it was a pretty good hatch. Thanks for hatching with us, and I hope all your chicks grow up healthy and happy.:frow

All four of my goslings have hatched. I had the two and on Sunday, another one hatched while away with family for Easter. Then, yesterday, the last one hatched. Now I'm going to clean out the incubator and hopefully hatch some call ducks and probably quit hatching for a while(we'll see how well that works out:oops:).
Congratulations. Good luck on stopping after the next time. I said I was done after my last group, and I set 8 more eggs last week. Haha.

Congratulations. Good luck on stopping after the next time. I said I was done after my last group, and I set 8 more eggs last week. Haha.
I know. The problem is my cochins are laying, and I am really tempted to hatch some even though I don't really need to(I could always put them in when I put the ducks in without too many complications though<pondering while stroking chin>) Of course, I'm letting one of my cochins sit on some eggs, so she may or may not hatch some.

Back
Top Bottom