Mare's Illegal Cute-ness (Call Duck) Chat Thread!!

You do good to have that many drakes. I could not believe it when I saw the three piled up on my smaller Mallard Hen. It looked like a huge duck sandwich. lol
So far it's been ok but we haven't had that many for very long, and they have a huge area right now. I'm still hoping to find homes for the three young boys 🤞
Our original trio grew up together and very much want to stay as a trio. They're tolerant of the new girl and the left over boys, but they're definitely a family unit of three. Hoping by spring to be back down to just the two boys and two girls...and that they decide pairs are better than a trio with a spare girl trailing after them.

Chickens... the gateway poultry!

For me it was ducks. Never even intended on getting chickens! But now I have them. I still prefer ducks, but some of the chickens are okay. ;)

There's a small livestock sale nearby (an hour away) in September. I'm planning on going. They had lots of Calls at their Spring sale, and the fall one last year. Perhaps I'll get one or two this year. :)

So far it's been ok but we haven't had that many for very long, and they have a huge area right now. I'm still hoping to find homes for the three young boys 🤞
Our original trio grew up together and very much want to stay as a trio. They're tolerant of the new girl and the left over boys, but they're definitely a family unit of three. Hoping by spring to be back down to just the two boys and two girls...and that they decide pairs are better than a trio with a spare girl trailing after them.
My 4 little Call Drakes were what I called my Mafia group. They always hung out together and were fine until they decided to gang up on the girls. It is much better with just the two now and they are still tight with each other but I also seem the separate a lot which I didn't with the 4. Hopefully you can rehome yours that you want to. They are just so stinking cute. I got rid of my biggest ones and the two I have now are not hurting anyone so there is peace in the pen. lol

28 is the total of call ducks I have. Then I broke it out by drakes/hens/too young to know yet. I feel like I may be on my way to that many though 🤣
I think I miscounted the ducklings, so I may actually have 62 🤔

Out of the adults, there are 14 drakes and 26 hens. Then there are 21 or 22 ducklings. The youngest of them just got their big boy / girl voices, but I haven't paid attention to which belongs to who yet.

Then there's all my geese and Welsh Harlequins too...
Oh, and one lone (but not lonely) Swedish drake.

Edit to add that I just realized you probably thought I was trying to math out your total lol

Last edited:
I think I miscounted the ducklings, so I may actually have 62 🤔

Out of the adults, there are 14 drakes and 26 hens. Then there are 21 or 22 ducklings. The youngest of them just got their big boy / girl voices, but I haven't paid attention to which belongs to who yet.

Then there's all my geese and Welsh Harlequins too...
Oh, and one lone (but not lonely) Swedish drake.

Edit to add that I just realized you probably thought I was trying to math out your total lol
That's funny! That's exactly what I thought 🤣 However, your total makes me feel like I have a new goal!! There are few few more colors I want... self chocolate, silver....

I mean is there really a limit? If we count all my birds between chickens, ducks, geese and peafowl I am well into the 60's, but don't tell my husband!

Back
Top Bottom