Martinsburg, WV Chickenstock Sept 8th 2012

Here are a few pics I shot when I had a bit of time. You can see more at http://Facebook.com/ChickenJunkie

Ronnie, the driving force behind WV Chickenstocks, showing off his birds.

Fourgirlsoneboy on BYC was almost sold out here. She had some pretty Cochins, Marans, soaps and much more.

Noreen brought her "famous" stuffed roo and lots of chickens, jellies, jams and plants.

nursecat9 on BYC showed up with a HUGE Cochin!!! Lots of other pretty birds too.

gootziecat from BYC was here with her birds. She has her eye on that stuffed roo! lol

This lady's little pet needed a drink after a nap on her lap. So cute!

There was lots of Chicken Chattin' going on.

I got my eye on ya... pretty geese.

Kristin was there with her Llama Drama crowd. She brought some pretty Ameraucana, Silkies and Crested Polish.

Lots of beautiful wood crafts and furniture. What a nice display!

Deb was there from SunAngel Seramas. I think they had a full load to take home.

Here is a quick video we tossed up of the Chickenstock. Please check it out and see
if you're in it. The wind was picking up and I was in a hurry, so I apologize for the bad
quality. We just got packed up when the storm hit. Thanks so much to everyone for
making this the Best Chickenstock Ever. Please plan on joining us for the spring event.

Last edited:
Looks like u had a good turn out!!!

We had a very good turn out Darlene :). Sorry you and Gerald were unable to make it. There is another chickenstock coming up the 29th but it's a bit further south in Clearbrook, VA. I don't know if that is to far away for you guys or not but thought I would mention it. Best wishes to you and yours :)

Charles Town, WV. TSC is having an Animal Swap this Sat. - Sept. 15th from 10am - 4pm.

Blue Ridge Mountaineers 4-H Club will be there with food
concessions--proceeds will benefit their club.

Also having a bake sale, which will offer baked goods to
the public.

Trego Mountain Sanctuary (Raptor rehabilitation and wildlife
rescue sanctuary) will be at the store that day also (last time
she brought and owl and a hawk).

Pony-to-Go will be there offering pony rides to the public.

Where:
Tractor Supply Company
1040 Somerset Blvd.
Charles Town, WV 25414

When:
Sept 15, 201 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Come early... as vendors can sell out early. If you need birds
tested, show up early as well, as there may be a line. WV Dept. of Ag.
will have testers onsite to check your birds and animals.

Call Kelly at the store
numbers_button_skype_logo.png
(304)728-2011
(12:30-8pm Wed, Thurs.
and Fri.) for more information.

Come on down... it's gonna be FUN!!!

Here are a few pics I shot when I had a bit of time. You can see more at http://Facebook.com/ChickenJunkie

Ronnie, the driving force behind WV Chickenstocks, showing off his birds.

Fourgirlsoneboy on BYC was almost sold out here. She had some pretty Cochins, Marans, soaps and much more.

Noreen brought her "famous" stuffed roo and lots of chickens, jellies, jams and plants.

nursecat9 on BYC showed up with a HUGE Cochin!!! Lots of other pretty birds too.

gootziecat from BYC was here with her birds. She has her eye on that stuffed roo! lol

This lady's little pet needed a drink after a nap on her lap. So cute!

There was lots of Chicken Chattin' going on.

I got my eye on ya... pretty geese.

Kristin was there with her Llama Drama crowd. She brought some pretty Ameraucana, Silkies and Crested Polish.

Lots of beautiful wood crafts and furniture. What a nice display!

Deb was there from SunAngel Seramas. I think they had a full load to take home.

Here is a quick video we tossed up of the Chickenstock. Please check it out and see
if you're in it. The wind was picking up and I was in a hurry, so I apologize for the bad
quality. We just got packed up when the storm hit. Thanks so much to everyone for
making this the Best Chickenstock Ever. Please plan on joining us for the spring event.

THANKS FOR THE NICE VIDEO...FALL 2011 VIDEO MADE ME SEASICK...
duc.gif

There are two local chicken events coming up on Sept. 29th. One is a Chickenstock at
Clearbrook, VA. (See the flyer below.) Please print out or share these flyers everywhere
you can, really helps make it a great event. TIA

The other is an Animal Appreciation Event or Animal Swap in Charles Town, WV. (See
flyer below.) You can bring any animals, farm related, plants, etc. and set up in the TSC
parking lot. We did quite well there on their first event.

Where:
Tractor Supply Company
1040 Somerset Blvd.
Charles Town, WV 25414

When:
Sept 15, 201 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm.

Call Kelly at the store (304)728-2011 (12:30-8pm Wed, Thurs.
and Fri.) for more information.

We had SO much fun at that last Martinsburg Chickenstock!! Got rid of all of our birds ( came home with some Mookie pigeons, and let me say even my dh is smitten with them!) :). Thanks so much to everyone who organized it!!

We might be selling stuff at the Clearbrook event- (I am just going to be getting out of a scout lock in, so I'm hoping to, but we might just go to check out whats for sale ;) )! I am so glad we are ending up with more swaps- I really think our community can support them AND it's a great way to educate the public about poultry (etc)!

Last edited:
We had SO much fun at that last Martinsburg Chickenstock!! Got rid of all of our birds ( came home with some Mookie pigeons, and let me say even my dh is smitten with them!) :). Thanks so much to everyone who organized it!!

We might be selling stuff at the Clearbrook event- (I am just going to be getting out of a scout lock in, so I'm hoping to, but we might just go to check out whats for sale ;) )! I am so glad we are ending up with more swaps- I really think our community can support them AND it's a great way to educate the public about poultry (etc)!

I'm glad you and the family had fun and sold out. There are 2 events on the 29th the Clearbrook, VA swap from 8am-12pm and then one in Charlestown, WV from 10am-4pm. Poultry swaps and events are popping up all over the place. I will be trying to make it to both events this weekend. I'll be at Clearbrook before the swap starts to help everyone get setup and make sure things get started of nice and smoothly. I plan on heading home grabbing my birds and heading to Charlestown to setup myself as well. It will be good to see everyone again. I can't wait.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom