Maryland Poultry Swap & Farmer's Market October 1st 9-3 SHARPSBURG

You only need a permit for bobwhite and ringneck pheasant as they are native species to our area. Coturnix quail and button quail are not native so they do NOT require a permit. I know waterfowl and pigeons do not require testing but, I am still checking on the quail.

The last swap was so much FUN ~ I can't wait for the next one!!

I'm also hoping the sheep folk will turn out. I'm looking for some hair sheep!

smile.png

Quote:
what are hair sheep?

x2 and for the quail, I know in WV you need a permit. I started the process but decided it wasnt worth the hassle at the time.

Quote:
what are hair sheep?

x2 and for the quail, I know in WV you need a permit. I started the process but decided it wasnt worth the hassle at the time.

YOU DO NOT NEED A PERMIT TO KEEP A BIRD THAT IS NOT NATIVE Tammy, you know this! Coturnix quail and button quail are japanese and, therefore, there is NO permit needed to house them. Permits are ONLY required if you decide to raise either bobwhite or ringneck pheasant or chukar.

We are planning to come to this; we've never been to a poultry swap event before, just sheep/wool/fiber and county fairs, and I needed an October field trip! Looking forward to maybe meeting some BYC peeps!

Quote:

YOU DO NOT NEED A PERMIT TO KEEP A BIRD THAT IS NOT NATIVE Tammy, you know this! Coturnix quail and button quail are japanese and, therefore, there is NO permit needed to house them. Permits are ONLY required if you decide to raise either bobwhite or ringneck pheasant or chukar.

So no permit needed but I havent been able to find if they need tested or not..

Quote:

Hey, been sick with the flu since Friday. Cut me some slack. Besides, it was bobwhites I wanted at the time, lol. Just a phase...

Back
Top Bottom