Maryland Poultry Swap & Farmer's Market October 1st 9-3 SHARPSBURG

UrbanBlueShamrock

Oh good! I'm currently working on making a crocheted stuffed silkie hen that will hopefully *fingers crossed* lay eggs!

Oh cool beans. Whats the pricing do u know yet?

Silkiemomma2010:

Buttons. do breed the different colors?​

Quote:
Oh cool beans. Whats the pricing do u know yet?

Silkiemomma2010:

Buttons. do breed the different colors?

Yup! right now I have 1 Red Breasted Female, 1 Silver Male, 1 White Female and 1 Splash Female! Also have 4 chicks - 3 are 2 weeks old tomorrow and one is 1 week old today and 2 are Cinnamon and 2 are double blue Faced.
Hopefully by October my girls will be laying again! I took the Red Breasted girl out to put with the babies for a week and she went into momma mode an stopped laying, the other 3 adults I just got so they need to get back into the swing of laying here instead of their old home.

>IF< all goes well and I do not have to work, I will try and bring game calls, turned wooden bowls and such. I cant commit 100% because at a days notice I can be sent somewhere to shoot. I am hoping by 10 days out i will have a schedule for that weekend. In any event, you can count on me donating some things for the door prizes etc. Working on some wooden eggs this week.

Yup! right now I have 1 Red Breasted Female, 1 Silver Male, 1 White Female and 1 Splash Female! Also have 4 chicks - 3 are 2 weeks old tomorrow and one is 1 week old today and 2 are Cinnamon and 2 are double blue Faced.
Hopefully by October my girls will be laying again! I took the Red Breasted girl out to put with the babies for a week and she went into momma mode an stopped laying, the other 3 adults I just got so they need to get back into the swing of laying here instead of their old home.

Count me in! Never had white. Is the white spoken for? Or the splash? If not Ill speak for them .​

Quote:
Count me in! Never had white. Is the white spoken for? Or the splash? If not Ill speak for them .

I should have plenty of eggs an chicks from them. depends on what you want. the white an splash are 2 of 4 of my breeders. If you want hatching eggs I cant guarantee that 100% of them will be from the white or the splash since their all in the same pin together with the Red Breasted female but you'll get a good ammount of White and Splash eggs. Also cant guarantee you'll get white and splash since Buttons dont breed true to color (out of a Red Breasted and double blue face I got a Cinnamon)... But if your looking for started chicks, im going to start trying to incubate when they start laying (which I hope its soon..) but either way im going to try to have both started chicks and hatching eggs there if Erin allows them.

Right now I have these 3 chicks up for grabs for October if their not sold by then

The light one is a Cinnamon and the black ones are Double Factor Blue Face

294436_156478424432179_100002100667846_337713_4732056_n.jpg

293236_156478514432170_100002100667846_337715_7450642_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm dilemma. Would you have eggs there? Or would I have to ask you to bring some? I tried to incubate buttons a few years ago and it didn't go well. Though I have seramas mommas that could possible sit them if any are broody at the time.
Also
What you posted is of the three chicks? Walk me through this. Im feeling foolish now with all I know about silkies and seramas Im feeling like someone is going to pass me a dunces cap next.
Why wouldn't Erin allow the buttons. They'd be in the same boat for testing clean.

Quote:
Okay the 3 babies I posted are for sale at the moment. They are Cinnamon and Double Factor Blue Faced
I have 4 Breeders who arent for sale which are the Red Breasted Female, White Female, Splash Female and Silver Male but if they start laying soon, not only will I have hatching eggs for sale but I will also incubate some eggs for started chicks and those chicks will also be for sale. Buttons actually arent that hard to incubate. their about the same as Serama! Still Air Incubation is 102*F, Forced air is 99.5*F, turn for 16 days, Humidity 50%-60% then jump to 65%-70% on the 16th day. Hatch day is day 18!

Quote:
the guy I deal with where I got 3 of my 4 breeders said you dont need a permit to transport, sell or own button quail, just the bob whites and Coturnix Quail. As far as testing goes I have no idea..

Back
Top Bottom