MARYLAND THREAD!

Hi! I live in Maryland and have 2 roos that need homes.

The one below is ~6 months old and a mix from my polish hen and buff silkie roo. He is shy to human but a good alarm against predators and very handsome.
PXL_20220111_185020170.jpg

PXL_20220111_185005452.jpg

The second one is a Favaucanas (My Pet Chicken's cross between Faverolles and Ameraucanas) 7 month old. We ordered them as a hen from My Pet Chicken but she turned out to be a roo... We were very surprised when the crowing started! He is a very large bird, very sweet, and a real looker.
PXL_20220111_184806358.jpg

PXL_20220111_184837626.jpg

Please let me know if you are interested or know anyone who might be able to taken them! Thank you!

Does anyone go through NPIP certification herenin Maryland? I have call ducks that I am considering selling hatching eggs from, but legally I am supposed to have the flock tested/permitted. Right now I am only permitted to sell table eggs.

Is it expensive to get yearly testing?

Hi Maryland! Not much action in here :( Moved here from the west coast and are starting our flock of ducks again. Silver Appleyards this time. Also raising a pair of poults too.
Hi! I’m here, lol! welcome to MD. I currently have a small flock of blue runners and just started with Silver Appleyards. I have a drake and three hens. Hoping to breed them, if they cooperate. Have you had them before?

Hi! Welcome to Maryland. I hope you brought some of that West Coast warmth & sunshine with you. I'm in the far northeaster corner of the State - I can be in DE or PA or the Chesapeake in minutes, and can dip my feet into the ocean in under an hour ... pretty nice!
I've got a small, backyard flock, mostly of Nankin Bantams, with a few larger fowl (Kindergarten Rescues) thrown in for eggs. We don't eat the Nanny eggs. They're part of a breed conservation project. Any "extra" Nankins get shared with other 4H families.

Baltimore City gal! I have a frizzle rooster who is very quiet so I get away with it, and a pile of hens! I sell hatching eggs locally if you want to add frizzle to your mix. The moms are Ameraucana, showgirls, Brahma and mystic Marans. Well, there’s a buff Orpington too, but that seems like a boring mix. He’s hard to get a good picture of because he’s black and Grey Frizzle silkie daddy and his mom was pure Ameraucana
1898566C-A921-4CBB-AC06-CB03A0FE9219.jpeg

Hi! I’m here, lol! welcome to MD. I currently have a small flock of blue runners and just started with Silver Appleyards. I have a drake and three hens. Hoping to breed them, if they cooperate. Have you had them before?
Have not had Appleyards, no. We had a flock of Magpies before.

Had some good weather this weekend and got the duck run walls up. Trusses hopefully this week! Had a couple escapees from their brooder pool so temp fencing in the basement also got done :)

c1d21223-ce62-460b-93d3-6041e4c80abd.jpg

Hi there!
I was curious if anyone knew of any good places to look for poultry and other crimes of opportunity. I'm in Frederick county but would be happy to travel if the juice is worth the squeeze. So if you know of places in surrounding states/areas, that would be quite fine too.
I was really looking forward to going to the swap out in Sharpsburg this weekend but between a schedule constraint and it just not being the best time for us I think we'll probably postpone till the next one.
Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom