Mass Murder last night

Denasfarm, I feel really sad for you. I cannot imagine going through what you went through losing 44 chickens, especially having to face the danger to yourself first. Glad you're okay. The whole situation is very sad for everyone, your family, the dogs, and the dogs' owners who owe you a financial settlement.

Wow. I am so glad you were safe!! I hope you get the $ back and that you get over this. I know I still have a hard time sleeping (ya think) and get nightmares about the bears coming. I am really sorry this happened to you. It must have been so scary to have them come at you. I will say a prayer for you. The heart aches for a long time. It took me hours before I could remove bodies and then a week before I could clean the coop. It was hard. sorry you have to go through this.

I'm so sorry for your having to go through this nightmare, and the shock of being attacked by the dogs as well...glad you weren't hurt. Hope the neighbors do the right thing (finally!).

I hope you feel better as the days go by.
hugs.gif

Great video, Denasfarm...I liked the little buff that marched over everyone...I was chuckling through the tears.
I took pictures of Tom after the raccoon just in case it was something else that got her.

I'm so sorry for your losses. Ack I saw the photos too.
sad.png
I don't live in the country, but I don't trust people with dogs, even though I have one myself, therefore, I have a BIG FENCE. Hope your neighbor does the right thing by you. Take care, i hope things get better for you, and you are able to get more chickens, eventually.

Densa, I am so sorry for your loss, and I know its not much solace at this point, but when you are ready,I will send you whatever eggs my silkies lay so you could start over. They would be mutts because the Roos are a cranky OEG and a Duccle, but they will probably be pretty cute. Just email me whenever and I will start sending them.

Quote:
Thanks so much. I may take you up on it in a month or so, right now I am grateful for your generous and caring offer. Made me tear up again. I am just not ready now. I went out to the coop today and managed to pull the rabbits house out and just couldnt finish the job. Its still sitting in the yard tonight. My son said he would do it but I want to do it myself, one day.

THANKS

Well, I looked at the carnage photos and you know what, I'm mad! I'm not mad at the dogs because they are animals and did what animals do. No, I'm mad at their owner!
somad.gif

Those dogs had an owner and looked well feed and plump. It was obvious from all the senseless death, with the poor chicks and bunny still intact, that the dogs were killing for the fun of it. If they had killed and eaten a few birds because they were starving strays, that would be one thing, but they were out to kill just for the fun of it... because their irresponsible owner let them run loose! UGH! :thun

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom