MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Help! I'm a first timer and its day 22 and I have no pips, no rocking eggs, no chirping. I'm using a Brinsea Mini Advanced and its held temp at 99.6 except for the daily cooling period. Humidity is 75% right now and I'm not sure what it was for the first 18 days. I only bought a hygrometer before lockdown. I'm able to sort of candle the eggs with a maglite through the side of the incubator and I've seen movement. Any ideas why they are so late and what is going on? I'm starting to freak out a bit!

Still on the hunt for more hatching eggs. E mails have been sent, need to send 1 more and make a phone call. The 7 under my broody hens are hanging in there. I need to candle them soon.
Does anyone ferment feed? I have just started to this past week and I am doing a half mix of layer and game bird feed. I am curious as to what others put in their mix.

If you quit eating sugar, you really will go through withdrawal. It takes a week or two to get it out of your system but if you make it that long, the cravings mostly go away. I haven't eaten sugar since early February and it feels wonderful to go to the store and not be a slave to cravings and sugar.
I need to try that, I'm a huge chocolate addict.
hmm.png

-Banti

Last edited:
Still on the hunt for more hatching eggs. E mails have been sent, need to send 1 more and make a phone call. The 7 under my broody hens are hanging in there. I need to candle them soon.
Does anyone ferment feed? I have just started to this past week and I am doing a half mix of layer and game bird feed. I am curious as to what others put in their mix.

I see you are in OH. Did you try @OHfarmerswife ? She is in Troy and always has hatching eggs if you like SFH's.

Help! I'm a first timer and its day 22 and I have no pips, no rocking eggs, no chirping. I'm using a Brinsea Mini Advanced and its held temp at 99.6 except for the daily cooling period. Humidity is 75% right now and I'm not sure what it was for the first 18 days. I only bought a hygrometer before lockdown. I'm able to sort of candle the eggs with a maglite through the side of the incubator and I've seen movement. Any ideas why they are so late and what is going on? I'm starting to freak out a bit!
typically late means low temps and or High humidity, you can candle one quickly if your sure you have no external pips

LOCKDOWN, DAY 18, CANDLES, PIPS, ZIPS

*IMPORTANT INFO= TIMELINES PIPS ZIPS!!! & MARKING AIR CELLS DAY 18, DRAW DOWN, INTERNAL PIP, EXTERNAL PIP, and ZIPPING post #35770

Eggs UNHATCHED at end of Incubation

Step by Step Guide to ASSISTED Hatching - Click HERE
I HAVE EGGS LEFT UNHATCHED NOW WHAT? post #25223

tons more info HERE https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-w-friends-helpful-notes-links-informational-post-links
I just use my reg feed I dont do anything fancy, some scratch I add sometimes and some raisins

sounds about right for ducks, not sure why they are so different but all my batches have been for each breed too.

Back
Top Bottom