MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    We have some requests for two more contests,

WE WILL NEED YOUR DONATIONS!

Our plans are for a "POULTRY HEAD SHOTS"

*MAY HAL MEMBERS ONLY

&

Another Random winning thread for LAUGHS!

*Open to all members BYC

BUT AGAIN WE NEED YOUR PRIZE DONATIONS!!!!
    please PM @mlm Mike with your donations!

No item too small!

Hatching Egg Donations,

Poultry themed items:

new/used in good shape,

BYC GFM's,

Amazon Gift Cert,

BYC Certs,

ANY TYPE OF GIFT CERTIFICATES,

THESE COST LITTLE TO MAIL TO THE WINNER!

all great items to donate! What some of us do is purchase an item from Amazon and send it directly to the winner, just make sure they have plenty of the item in stock, example chicken rooster fowl mugs are always cool!

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  2. TJordan

TJordan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2014
    Lower Alabama

[​IMG] OLD FEED AT TSC!!!! I need to watch that.

3. TJordan

TJordan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2014
    Lower Alabama
    2 more days then LOCKDOWN!!!!! I'm so eggcited

4. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    If this was 8 years or later I could help but I'm not large enough yet. If did have the poultry farm I want I would donate peafowl hatching eggs or juvenile peafowl.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  5. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    God luck!!

[​IMG]
    Good Luck!

Wonderful!

I want to see pics of the "hats" on naked necks!

[​IMG]

Late is usually low temp.

Good luck with your search for eggs!

[​IMG]

6. BrieCheese23

BrieCheese23 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2016
    Heheh!

April's hatch finally made it outside today. Eight quails out of 24 eggs, 26 chicks out of 48 eggs (with 6 being won in a chick raffle), and 10 ducklings out of 12 eggs. *knock on wood* This batch seems to be developing much better. If things keep progressing this well, I'll have a lot of white laced little cornish bantams [​IMG] Anyone in Maine looking for a couple pounds of breast meat on legs? [​IMG]

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

8. BrieCheese23

BrieCheese23 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2016
    Quote: Pity ;)

Forgot mah picture I took of the "new" outdoor brooder. It's not the prettiest, but it fits everybody and it's warm and now the ducks can't spill water everywhere...as easily! We'll see if it holds up to tonight's temperature drop with that 250watt bulb and the plastic. I have two more light fixtures I can put in if I need to.

[​IMG]

9. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    Thank you! I like to look to make future plans and try and do what it takes to get there. Right now I only have Indian Blue and White peafowl. When I get a large enough farm I hope to be breeding 14 varieties. I would like to be breeding Indian Blue, Black Shoulder, Pied, Silver Pied, Cameo, Peach, Bronze, Charcoal, Purple, Opal, Taupe, Violeta, and Java Green peafowl. I hope to have three trios per variety so I would have 126 breeding peafowl. I would like you to look at photos of all 14 varieties and then let me know which do you think people would like to have a pair or trio of. I just like planning out the future. The Java Green I would probably not donate because they are not a good choice for beginners. Green peafowl are very weather touchy. They don't do well with temps below 40 degrees so the person would need heating, hens tend to be more protective of their nests and males can be more protective of their hens compared to the Indian species. Or I would do a certificate of some sort.

10. BertandMary

BertandMary Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2013
    Fayetteville, NC
    [​IMG] 4 of these hatched this morning. We are setting eggs again next weekend. Currently we are waiting on 4 late eggs to hatch. In the interim we are hand turning 2 peacock eggs which are nearing a week since set. With a little luck we'll have 3 hatches in May.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by