MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Captain's Log - Day 30
This morning I had 2 eggs pipped and 1 ZIPPING!!! I finally heard chirping this morning from them too!!! So, I am excitedly waiting and hoping.
When I candled at 10 or 14 days I had asked if it was possible for some of my eggs to be developing delayed the say I thought I was on; apparently it is!

Captain's Log - Day 30
This morning I had 2 eggs pipped and 1 ZIPPING!!! I finally heard chirping this morning from them too!!! So, I am excitedly waiting and hoping.
When I candled at 10 or 14 days I had asked if it was possible for some of my eggs to be developing delayed the say I thought I was on; apparently it is!
Great! Congratulations!

Captain's Log - Day 30
yesss.gif

I had to help the last chick of this hatch. It hatched around 2:00 this afternoon. There was 1 pip that died., and 4 that didn't pip. 4 healthy chicks and this last one that still isn't fluffy. We are on day 23. Bumbed that my Brinsea temps are so far off compared to the other one I have.

Did you know you can reset to factory specs, at least with the octagon 20 adv. I had to do it again today. It lost its mind again and was stuck on the cool down cycle at 97.6 and would not come out of it for me to lockdown. If I ever quit hatching long enough it is going back to them for official recalibration!

Did you know you can reset to factory specs, at least with the octagon 20 adv. I had to do it again today. It lost its mind again and was stuck on the cool down cycle at 97.6 and would not come out of it for me to lockdown. If I ever quit hatching long enough it is going back to them for official recalibration!
Resetting to factory setting shouldn't need to be done the first time you use it, should it?

I am here too! LOL and here I thought I was getting in early for May! You guys are already at 78 pages. Sheesh! Busy Bees. Ok. Anyway. I just set 36 sizzle eggs from Sheri Minkner (thank you Sooo much @country!)

I only ordered a dozen and she sent tons and tons of extras! Best purchase ever!! And they came packed immaculately. I love love love her bubble wrap sleeves! Awesome!

Anyway, several from each of her pens and I am stoked! w00T!

I am here too! LOL and here I thought I was getting in early for May! You guys are already at 78 pages. Sheesh! Busy Bees. Ok. Anyway. I just set 36 sizzle eggs from Sheri Minkner (thank you Sooo much @country !)

I only ordered a dozen and she sent tons and tons of extras! Best purchase ever!! And they came packed immaculately. I love love love her bubble wrap sleeves! Awesome!

Anyway, several from each of her pens and I am stoked! w00T!
woot.gif
Welcome

My marans broody on the job. 2 weeks in and 2 to go. 10 guinea eggs. As promised (to myself), i haven't messed with them other than to check for extras every day. I'd love to candle them BUT I'M NOT GOING TO DO IT! She's been a good mama so far.

My broody has 1 chick. She got off the 3 remaining eggs. I placed them in the bator because they are still moving. The chick is almost a week old and I think she was tired of waiting for the others. I am going to put broody alone next time to prevent others from laying eggs in her nest at random times. Hopefuly the other 3 will hatch.

We have 10 turkey eggs going strong!

I have 41 BO eggs in the LG

and..........I brought these little things home today. I couldn't resist!!!! 2 Polish and 2 Silkies. I really wanted silkies so now I have them! I shouldn't be allowed in any feed store really.

Back
Top Bottom