MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Apr 20, 2016.

1. cree57i

cree57i Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    I wouldn't think so. Not for that money. I didn't realize it was the first time. There is a Brinsea Octogan thread if you have specific questions. I am happy to try to help too. I think one of mine is a retread though. The other one is great. The eco is not bad for incubating, but I like to switch the top to an advanced for humidity control at lockdown.

2. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    Welcome! Sounds like you got a good bargain on the eggs! Good Luck!

[​IMG]

You're going to be overrun if you're not careful.

3. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Overrun With Chickens

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    [​IMG]

Not the best picture but here is my grumpy broody. I candle tomorrow night, cage her in Wednesday then sit on my hands and wait.

4. billiejw89

billiejw89 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2015
    North central WA

As long as I keep selling all of the chicks we have hatched I think we will be ok. Maybe.. Lol
    We have 12 BO hens
    1 BO rooster
    2 mixed hens
    3 Cochin pullets
    1 Cochin roo
    8 serama pullets
    2 serama Roos

5. Pyxis

Pyxis Hatchi Wan Kenobi Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    My bank is driving me crazy :barnie I really need to order my Eco 40. I just deposited my tax return today so I could. Went to order it, thought to myself 'let's check the bank account first though, make sure everything went through'. Nope! They have it pending for no reason. Made $200 of it available and the rest I apparently just don't get to use until they decide I can. I have more eggs on the way darn it! I need that incubator.

6. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Oh, I know all about grumpy broody hens! Only had one ever go broody, and the first time she was only 8 months old. Do you think the Buff Orpington I got 3 years ago could ever go broody, which is why I wanted an Orpington? Heck, no! Just an 8 month old Easter Egger, and when Agatha's broody the entire world knows it! You don't even go out there unless you have on your helmet, gauntlets, chain mail and are carrying a claymore! In no time flat she goes from this:

Sweet little Agatha the Hen:
    [​IMG]

To this: Attila the Hen!

[​IMG]

Good mommy, though!

[​IMG]

7. generaldsherman

generaldsherman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2015
    Idaho
    Boo! BYCs web browser is buggy, at least on my machine. Happened after going to Purina's 30 day challenge page. Gotta run a system virus and malware scan now :(

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

9. DwayneNLiz

DwayneNLiz ...lost... Premium Member

Jun 18, 2013
    NH
    Woohoo! I see tons of new babies!! Congrats to all!! I hope I get some soon!!

Welcome everyone !

10. sasafras4u2

sasafras4u2 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Texas
    My Coop
    Well eggs are sorted. They forgot to put my super blue eggs in there.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]this has been an ordeal of sorts. I did get 3 pale blue cream legbars, 3 pinkish blue laced red wyandotts, 3 blue green easter eggers (green one is busted) and 14 (supposed to pinkish purple) croads langhans. Look more orange/brown lol. But they were all in great shape. So here goes.should hatch about May 23rd. 22 eggs go in.....????? Come out[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by