MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Jessimom

Jessimom Cats Rule Dogs Drool

Aug 21, 2009
    Southern California
    No, if my address is used, it goes to my post office, but they didn't write my address, they looked up the actual post office address and didn't have my physical address anywhere on the box. Why would they go through the trouble to find an address different than the one I gave them?

2. Jessimom

Aug 21, 2009
    Southern California
    I'm so glad your daughter was home! That is frustrating!!! That's why I love the fact that ALL boxes are held at my P.O.. I have a remote mail box and there is nowhere to leave a package, so everything is held. But if they request I be called, they will call me. For other boxes I get a little green card saying there is a package waiting for me.

What kind of eggs did you get? I got Fly-tyer chickens. I was surprised that they are bantam eggs. I didn't realize they were bantams. Pretty eggs though!

3. butterfliesdoku

butterfliesdoku Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2015
    The bantam egg my broody was over is now on day 23/24 so I removed, candled and confirmed it to be a quitter. She is now sitting on a day 10 egg (her "backup" egg). This egg is from a Rosecomb Bantam and La Bresse mixed hen and the rooster is an Easter Egger. Because it's only 1 egg I started another backup batch in the incubator now on day 3. Eggs in backup batch #2 are: 5 from a Red Ranger hen, 1 from a Cuckoo Marans hen and 1 from a Black Copper Marans/Black Australorp mixed hen. Rooster is an Easter Egger.

4. Jessimom

Aug 21, 2009
    Southern California
    Sorry about the dud, but good luck with the back up batches and the lone broody egg!!

5. pjnbill22

pjnbill22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2016
    Merced, CA
    Hmm, apparently someone doesn't understand the process of shipping/hold at PO. :(

6. Jessimom

Aug 21, 2009
    Southern California
    I just candled some of my day 18 eggs, lock down tomorrow!! I pulled 2 of the Polish and 1 D'Uccle. I think 1 of the BCM's looked clear, but I left it in since I really couldn't see for sure.... Since I pulled 2 D'Uccle from the ones I candled on day 15, that leaves 21 D'Uccle, and 4 polish due to lock down tomorrow. Some of the eggs are already starting to draw down, so I'm hopeful they will all hatch! I'll candle all of them as I put them into lockdown.

Happy hatching everyone!

7. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    [​IMG] Congrats on getting some babies out of the eggs. I'm super happy for you.

Sounds like a colorful bunch.

Address it to the person. Put "Hold For Pickup" on the address label and include a phone number for the post office to call.

[​IMG]

8. weegarden

weegarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2014
    What does it mean when you say the eggs have started to draw down? I want to be up on all of my terms. :)

9. weegarden

weegarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2014
    On lockdown, hoping for a first pip tonight. [​IMG]

7 rocks, 8 blue silkies, 3 white silkies

Congrats to everyone with babies! They are precious!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by