MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    Draw down is when the aircell starts to dip/shift on one side. Makes it easier for the chick to pip into.

*IMPORTANT INFO= TIMELINES PIPS ZIPS!!! & MARKING AIR CELLS DAY 18, DRAW DOWN, INTERNAL PIP, EXTERNAL PIP, and ZIPPING post #35770

1 person likes this.
  2. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    Good luck, I hope you get lots of chicks!

[​IMG]

Congratulations!

Good luck!

The shipped eggs I receive have my address, and then written large about that "Hold for PICK UP" and my phone number.

[​IMG]

Good Luck!

Good Luck!

[​IMG]

3. wabbit1964

wabbit1964 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2013
    Maine
    My Coop
    May update so far:

3 eggs from my April HAL ended up joining the May HAL 1 ee and 2 brown eggs hatched on May 1st[​IMG]

5 turkey eggs from a friend in an incubator waiting to hatch out end of this week (never hatching turkeys before I am unsure if these guys are where they should be but they clearly were all fertile and developing) This friend has lost all the turkey eggs she tried to hatch this year so I am really hoping I don't have that same result. [​IMG]

Due May 14th Runner duck eggs 5 of the runner duck eggs I got from the crazy auction thread are growing and active, the rest look to have not developed. The duck eggs were the easiest I have ever found to candle and see clearly that they are alive and kicking. [​IMG]
    The royal palm turkey eggs I got in the crazy auction due the 14th I don't see anything happening? The turkey shells being thicker maybe it is just harder to see?[​IMG]

More to come in May but waiting to do candling to give more time for things to be visible. [​IMG]

4. mlm Mike

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    Congratulations and good luck.

5. cree57i

cree57i Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    That would be quite annoying. As a shipper of eggs, I have gotten to the PO and they have wanted me to change the address on the package as the customer gave it to me. I think I would ask your nice PO to put your address in and see what comes up. That might be a starting place. For 2 people to do that is very strange.
    It turned out in my case, the customer had a typo in the address I was sent. It was a good save on the PO part, but I have a wonderful PO. I think that is an exception.
    My own address, they took the 's' off the end of the road because of discussion and dissention about where the apostrophe went. (Apparently no English majors around here). Now it doesn't sound right AND it comes up several ways. Paypal, for one, has a difficult time with the apostrophe change and recognizing the address.

6. shahtir101

shahtir101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2015
    So, the person watching my chickens did not realize you need to collect them or else my hens will go broody. The person was freaking out that the hen kept pecking him and I said well she is broody so pull the eggs out from her before they start to develop. I was told they could not get the eggs because the chicken was pecking...so I come home to find her sitting on 2 eggs that look to be on day 7! So I am putting. Those eggs in the incubator and giving her some of the eggs I actually wanted to hatch! So I have 2 hatched happening in May!

7. Chaos18

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    [​IMG] and Welcome.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  8. mlm Mike

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    Wonderful!

9. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    My first hatch this month is done and over. 53 ducklings and 25 chicks. 97% hatch rate. Not bad. More this weekend!

10. Chaos18

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    [​IMG] Nice hatch rate. You know we need pics right?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by