MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    Good luck with them all :fl

2. cree57i

cree57i Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    Oh Boy

Another new broody today. [​IMG] That brings the total to 9 currently, but there are still a few that aren't sitting...yet.

I already had some May broody hatches. One broody has 2 chicks, but is still sitting. Another broody has 6 chicks, they were April and May hatch. She managed to get in on both! I will get pictures as she gets them out. There are already 2 chicks from the April hatch that the broody abandoned, so I'm raising them. That kinda defeats the purpose.

3. Sueg4332

Sueg4332 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    Ceres, California

1 person likes this.
  4. mamahmendez

mamahmendez Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2016
    SW Austin, TX
    @Chaos18 Update!

I came home from work today to find 3 ducklings in my incubator! 2 of them are healthy and perfect. One of them didn't absorb the yoke fully and well, it is kind of a mess. It is active and I hope just healing, resting and absorbing.
    I have one egg zipping and one other egg pipped. The 2 ducklings are SUPER active and knocking everything and everyone around. So, for now they keep cookin' and I keep waitin'. I haven't noticed anything going on with the other 4.

Meet Cafe Latte! I don't know exactly what color she is yet but it isn't black.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. DwayneNLiz

DwayneNLiz ...lost... Premium Member

Jun 18, 2013
    NH
    awwwwww!!!

6. pjnbill22

pjnbill22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2016
    Merced, CA
    Set/Hatched so far for May are 89 eggs.
    3 little gray OEs from @ForrestGump hatched yesterday and today.
    Two sets of BLRW (one batch from @mothergoose) + Langshan, a few more of Nanci's mixes- probably more NNs, a few eggs under our first ever broody EE, plus CLB, OE & Brown Leghorn from @Sueg4332

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  7. pjnbill22

Jan 30, 2016
    Merced, CA
    New kids in town
    [​IMG]
    And Sabrina is getting so big and fluffy! Hopefully she will have a live playmate by month's end.
    [​IMG]

8. Jessimom

Jessimom Cats Rule Dogs Drool

Aug 21, 2009
    Southern California
    Hi All, Cute chicks!! Lots of babies happening!

I have to ask anyone that has shipped eggs.....if someone gives you their address, and asks you to "ask the post "office to hold the package", would you address the package to the person and write "please hold for pickup", or would you ignore their address they gave you, look up a post office in that person's town, go eenie, meenie, minie mo and pick one of the two in town and address the package to that POST OFFICE?

That has happened to me twice. Both people have picked the post office on the other side of town. My post office is right next to my house. They know me. They understand that my boxes have eggs and they call me right away.

Instead they pick the post office address of the main post office in my town, which is NOT MY POST OFFICE. They don't have a match for my name or my phone #. They get around to calling me late in the day. My post office is nice, they took the routing number and tracked the package down, then called me when they found it.

GRRRRRRRR

9. sasafras4u2

sasafras4u2 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Texas
    My Coop
    One of my boxes of eggs was delivered to my house today. Thank goodness my daughter was home. I called the post office 3 times telling them I was expecting boxes of eggs. But my shipper didn't put to hold at post office or my number on the box. But did send as fragile and this site up marked clearly. But did not note live embryo or hatching eggs or anything like that. But they were packed well and all made it here.

10. pjnbill22

Jan 30, 2016
    Merced, CA
    I would ask the clerk at your local PO how to have the packages addressed so they arrive at the PO you usually use- the location where they know you. It seems odd that packages addressed to you for pick up would end up anywhere other than your PO, but for the life of me, I don't understand how our postal system works. :he

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by